The global financial crisis has abated, but many industries are recovering slowly. Business consulting plays an essential role in helping enterprises adapt to the three dominant business strategies. It helps firms retrench with their existing capabilities, align and position for future opportunities, and envision, validate, and execute new strategies and major changes to operations. As a result, business consulting provides significant opportunities in each economic cycle. IDC's Worldwide Business Consulting Services research analyzes the business imperatives that drive business consulting requirements, offers predictions for consulting and advisory services players, and provides strategic guidance to help consulting and advisory services firms compete more effectively.
- Strategy consulting
- Operations consulting
- Finance and accounting consulting
- Governance, risk, and compliance consulting
- Business and transformation consulting
- Advisory services
- Global business consulting spending review and forecast by region, company size, and vertical industry
- Top 10 business consulting players
- Comparative capability of different types of consulting firms
- Analysis of the distinct business services being offered by advisory firms
- Global and regional opportunity for finance, supply chain, and operations consulting
- Business Consulting Services: U.S. and Worldwide Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Business Consulting Vendor Analysis by Geography and Key Functional Capability
- Trends in Consulting and Advisory Services
- Emerging Opportunities for Business Consulting Providers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How can providers win the next consulting bid?
- What business issues drive business consulting services requirements?
- How will the changes in business consulting market dynamics and the competitive landscape affect the services industry?
- How do consulting and outsourcing businesses interrelate?
- What key capabilities cause enterprises to choose particular providers?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the leading consulting and advisory firms as perceived by their clients?
A.T.KEARNEY LIMITED, Accenture plc, Booz & Company Inc., Capgemini S.A., Computer Sciences Corporation, Deloitte & Touche LLP, FICO, IBM, KPMG International, Kurt Salmon Associates, MCKINSEY & COMPANY, MONITOR GROUP, INC., Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Mercer LLC, PA CONSULTING GROUP, INC., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Proudfoot Consulting Africa Ltd., Roland Berger Holding GmbH, Tata Group, The Boston Consulting Group, Inc., ZS Associates Inc