IDC's Strategic Alliances Leadership Council is a role-based service that provides alliance leadership and business development executives in the information technology market with the opportunity to drive innovation and better decision making through research, analyst engagement, and industry collaboration. Through this service, members engage directly with other industry-leading alliance leaders in peer-to-peer problem-solving discussions, member-led research, and direct engagement with alliance analysts to address vendors' specific needs. This council-led approach provides a unique experience in which alliance leaders can access the analyst resources of IDC, work with other industry professionals to drive a common research agenda, and share best practices in areas that are important in the development of industry alliance practices and also equally important with the executives of your business.
- Strategic alliances trends and analysis
- Industry predictions and effects on strategic alliances
- Industry best practices in strategic alliances
- Benchmarking to compare industry progress
- The value of strategic alliances LOB executives and customers
- Key alliance metrics, including alliance investment benchmarks and influenced revenue measurements
- Trends and best practices in alliance operations, management, and development
- Innovation (using alliances to drive innovation and innovative alliance practices)
- Alliance Leadership Council Meeting Highlights
- Alliance Best Practices and Benchmarking
- Alliance Organization Trends and Notable Practices
- Evolving Alliance KPIs/Metrics
- Partnering in the Cloud
- Alliance Ecosystems or the Role of Alliances in Overall Business Ecosystems
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the ongoing market forces that affect how alliance executives shape the future direction of strategic alliances?
- What are the characteristics of successful alliances?
- How are companies investing in and resourcing their alliances?
- How do the alliance best practices of companies compare with one another?
- How do leading vendors evaluate the performance of individual alliances and programs?
- How can companies' alliance programs be improved (or their approach to alliances)?
- How can the industry work together to further improve the quality and performance of alliances as a business driver?
IDC's Strategic Alliances Leadership Council service provides a unique forum for discussion, research, and analysis of a broad spectrum of alliance strategies across a wide range of software, hardware, and services companies. This service identifies the efficacy of these alliance strategies in current markets and the overall partner portfolio. IDC analysts use a quantitative comparison of vendor activities and a qualitative understanding of how new business models are evolving to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of alliance strategies, as well as the partnering requirements, for succeeding with new models. Vendors tracked include:
Accenture, Adobe, Amazon, AMD, BMC, CA Technologies, Capgemini, CGI, Cisco, Citrix, CSC, Deloitte, Dell, EMC, ESRI, Fujitsu, Google, HP, IBM, Infor, Informatica, Infosys, Intel, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Microsoft, NEC, NetApp, NetSuite, Oracle, Progress, PwC, Rackspace, Red Hat, Research In Motion, salesforce.com, SAP, SAS Institute, Siemens PLM, SunGard Data Systems, Symantec, Tata Consultancy Services, VMware, and Wipro
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.