IDC's Mobile Phones service provides a comprehensive, global analysis of the key technologies and market trends relating to both consumer and enterprise mobile devices. The service addresses key mobile technologies, from personal, local, and wide area wireless connectivity and alternative input solutions to mobile device operating systems and browsers, user interfaces, and mobile payment and location technologies. The service also provides detailed global and regional forecasts for mobile phones and smartphones. Close attention is given to leading vendors as well as their strategies and their ability to execute on those strategies. The service is designed to help device manufacturers, software developers, mobile operators, and component suppliers navigate the evolving market for mobile devices through actionable intelligence.
- Smartphones and feature phones
- Wireless access standards
- Evolution of wireless technology and intellectual property
- Mobile device operating systems and browsers
- User interface technologies, including touchscreen
- Multimedia technologies
- Nascent technologies and services, including NFC, mobile payments, 3D, and AR new power technologies
- PricingGPS capabilities, location technologies, and presence
- Platform creation
- OEM mobile operator relationship
- Mobile device distribution channel
- Worldwide Smartphone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Forecasts and Analyses
- Worldwide Mobile Operating Systems Forecasts and Analyses
- New Materials and Form Factors
- 4G Forecast and Analysis
- Impact of Emerging Markets on Device Use and Design
- Price Band Analysis
- Survey: Mobile End-User Buying Behavior
- Survey: Mobile Devices
- Display Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the strategies being adopted by various device vendors with respect to dual-mode/multimode devices?
- How will the consumption of Web-based services influence the design and use case of mobile phones?
- How will GPS and location-based services affect the mobile device market?
- What does the growing salience of emerging markets mean for established device vendors and their smaller rivals?
- What does the ascendancy of the open source operating systems mean for the future of mobile devices?
- How does device technology evolve beyond the current form factor?
This service analyzes the product strategies and strategic direction of major players in the mobile device technology market, including:
Alcatel-Lucent, AMD, Analog Devices, Apple, ARM, BlackBerry, Broadcom, Comverse, CoolPad Belkin, CSR, Curitel, Fujitsu, Google, Haier, HP, HTC, Huawei, Hynix, IBM, iGo, Infineon, Intel, Kingston, Kyocera, LG Electronics, Marvell, MediaTek, Micromax, Microsoft, Motorola, NEC, Nokia, NXP, Palm, Panasonic, Pantech, Qualcomm, Sagem, Samsung, SanDisk, Sanyo, Seagate, Sharp, Sony, Sony Ericsson, Spirent, STMicroelectronics, Sun, Symantec, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, Yahoo!, and ZTE as well as a host of mobile operators.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.