IDC's Mobile Phones service provides a comprehensive, global analysis of the key technologies and market trends relating to both consumer and enterprise mobile devices. The service addresses key mobile technologies, from personal, local, and wide area wireless connectivity and alternative input solutions to mobile device operating systems and browsers, user interfaces, and location-based services and technologies. The service also provides detailed global and regional forecasts for mobile phones and smartphones. Close attention is given to leading vendors as well as their strategies and their ability to execute on those strategies. The service is designed to help device manufacturers, software developers, mobile operators, and component suppliers navigate the evolving market for mobile devices through actionable intelligence.
- Smartphones (including large-screen smartphones) and feature phones
- Wireless access standards including 5G
- Evolution of wireless technology and intellectual property
- Mobile device operating systems and browsers
- User interface technologies, including touchscreen, speech, and gestures
- BYOD enterprise and operator strategies
- Nascent technologies and services, including new screen technologies
- GPS capabilities, location technologies, and presence
- The market for used and refurbished mobile phones
- OEM and mobile operator relationships
- Mobile phone distribution channel
- Worldwide Smartphone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Forecasts and Analyses
- Worldwide Mobile Operating Systems Forecasts and Analyses
- New Materials and Form Factors
- OEM and Mobile Operator Challenges
- Impact of Emerging Markets on Device Use and Design
- Price Band Analysis
- Survey: Mobile End-User Buying Behavior
- Survey: Commercial Smartphone Trends
- Display Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the strategies being adopted by device vendors to differentiate themselves?
- How will the consumption of web-based services influence the design and use case of mobile phones?
- How will GPS and location-based services affect the mobile device market?
- What does the growing salience of emerging markets mean for established device vendors and their smaller rivals?
- Will a third operator system emerge to challenge the dominance of Android and iOS? How does device technology evolve beyond the current form factors?
Whether you are an IT buyer or a technology supplier, IDC’s offerings help you make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. In addition to our portfolio of over 1,000 worldwide research services, we provide a full range of custom solutions, events and decision making tools for every stage of your business planning. With dedicated lines of business targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives you a powerful business advantage.
Explore other IDC research and content offerings:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Apple Inc., Avago Technologies Limited, BlackBerry, Broadcom Limited, COMVERSE INVESTMENTS LTD., China Wireless Technologies Limited, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HTC Corporation, Haier Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, KYOCERA Corporation, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., MediaTek Inc., Micromax Informatics Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., NEC Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Nokia Corporation, PANTECH S.A., PLANTRONICS, INC., Panasonic Corporation, Pantech&Curitel Communications, Inc., QUALCOMM Incorporated, SK Holdings Co., Ltd. , STMicroelectronics N.V., Safran S.A., Samsung, SanDisk Corporation, Seagate Technology LLC, Sharp Corporation, Softbank Corp., Sony Corporation, Spirent Communications plc, Symantec Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Toshiba Corporation, Xiaomi Inc., Yahoo! Inc., ZTE Corporation