IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Mobile Services program analyzes the growing small and medium business (SMB) market across three key areas: mobile operator services, mobile applications, and channel strategies. Research from this service will address mobile services and application adoption trends and usage patterns and will forecast the smartphone and services market opportunities within the SMB space. This program will also address key application trends, usage patterns, channel strategies, and trends across SMBs. Solutions offered by the mobile operators to the SMB space and adoption of key mobile solutions will be analyzed. Comprehensive forecasts and demand-side analysis will provide guidance and support to clients looking to understand the dynamic and unique needs of the SMB.
- Mobile data usage within the small business
- Mobile operator solutions and strategies
- Buying behaviors and adoption strategies for mobile applications
- Wireless displacement in the SMB
- Customer service challenges for SMBs
- Mobile channels to market to reach the SMB
- Mobile enterprise management adoption
- Mobile apps and the SMB
- Mobile Operator Analysis and Best Practices
- Mobile Services Forecast and Analysis
- Wireless Substitution in the SMB Forecast
- Mobile Device Management and the Opportunity Within the Small Business
- Demand-Side Report Series on Device, Application, and Mobile Operator Preferences and Usage
- Mobile Security in the SMB
- Emerging Vendors Targeting the Small Business
- Global Perspectives on Operator Strategies for the SMB
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the SMB adoption of mobile software products such as mobile device management?
- Data usage in the SMB: How prevalent are mobile applications in this segment?
- Will mobile enterprise software vendors go downmarket to address the SMB?
- Who is making mobile purchase decisions in the small and medium business?
- Are vendors and operators looking to bundle services/software to appeal to SMBs?
- Are mobile applications stores a viable channel for SMBs?
IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Mobile Services examines how device OEMs, software vendors, and mobile operators are modifying product and service strategies to appeal to the SMB segment. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the mobile SMB market, including:
Airwatch, Apple, AT&T, Bell Mobility, BlackBerry, BT, CDW, CenturyLink, China Mobile, Cisco, Citrix, HP, HTC, IBM, Intel, Intuit, LogMeIn, Microsoft, MobileIron, Motorola, Nokia, Novatel Wireless, Oracle, Polycom, Qualcomm, Rogers, salesforce.com, Samsung, SAP, Sierra Wireless, Sprint, Sybase, Symantec, Telus, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.