IDC's ConsumerScape 360 service utilizes direct global primary research to provide insights and trends regarding consumer electronics and digital services. ConsumerScape 360 identifies and profiles consumer technology market segments based on usage/ownership behavior, technology adoption, brand preference, competitive analysis, and psychographic factors governing cross-category spend.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Notebooks, desktops, Ultrabooks, tablets, smartphones, phablets, external storage devices, game consoles/handhelds, peripherals (keyboards, monitors, headsets, etc.), and so forth
- Home audio/video, HDTV/3DTV, and DVD/Blu-ray
- Brand and product satisfaction, preference, and loyalty metrics
- Telecom services (cable, satellite, telco TV, Internet access, and home and mobile phone services)
- Service provider metrics for ISPs, MVNOs, and carriers
- Multiscreen consumption of content and services
- Usage models for all major device types
- Internet consumption (both fixed and mobile)
- Paid service content across device adoption
- Device security software, external storage ownership, and brands
- Apps across tablets, smartphones, and PCs
- Business versus personal use of mobile devices
- Consumer purchase process for all major electronic device categories
- Wearable technologies
- Home automation
- The Multi-Screen Experience
- The Global Digital Consumer Segmentation
- Smartphones — Usage Patterns, Brand Metrics, and Market Structure Worldwide
- PCs — Current Ownership and Usage, Form Factor Evolution, and Brand Metrics Worldwide
- Connectivity and the Internet — Global Consumption Patterns via PCs and Mobile Phones
- Consumer Electronics Worldwide
- PCs — Brand Metrics and Competitive Positioning
- Smartphones — Current Ownership, Free and Paid App Usage
- Media Consumption Patterns — Social and Traditional Media Analysis; Worldwide, Regionally, and by Market Segment
- TV Devices and Services — Ownership and Active Install Base, Spend, and Future Purchase Trends
- TV Devices and Services — Brand Perceptions, Usage Models, and Key Purchase Drivers
- Total of 25–30 reports published each year!
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How can companies better serve and market to households by segment? Which segments are the highest priority, and what are their market sizes?
- In which global markets is the usage of key CE products and services highest?
- What are the trends moving forward?
- What is the composition of households according to ownership and/or usage of CE, PC, and mobile products and services?
- How is the face of the "early adopter" segment changing? How does this group differ across key markets?
- Where are today’s key CE opportunities strongest? Where are the opportunities likely to be tomorrow?
- How do consumers use different connected devices, and how are usage trends evolving as new products such as media tablets enter the marketplace?