IDC's Software Channels and Ecosystems research service offers intelligence and expertise to help channel executives and program managers develop, implement, support, and manage effective channel strategies and programs to drive successful relationships with the spectrum of partner businesses (e.g., VARs, ISVs, SIs, and volume resellers). In addition, it provides a comprehensive view of the value of the indirect software market and its leading vendor proponents. This service also identifies and analyzes key industry trends and their impact on channel relationship drivers and channel partner business models. Subscribers are invited to IDC's semiannual Software Channel Leadership Council where IDC and channel executives present and discuss key industry issues.
- Multinational software vendors
- Value-added resellers
- Regional systems integrators
- Independent software vendors
- Software distribution partners
- Software channel revenue flow
- Cloud and channels
- Partner-to-partner networking
- Software vendor indirect market shares
- Software partner program profiles and innovative practices
- Channel Revenue Forecast and Analysis
- Partner Marketing and Communications
- Vendor Indirect Market Share
- Cloud and Channels
- Emerging Partner Business Models
- Partner Collaboration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the most effective ways to allocate resources to supporting channel strategies and programs?
- How are software vendors maximizing the influence and resale capabilities of their channel?
- How is the cloud affecting solution providers, and what are large software vendors doing to prepare their partners?
- What are the key components of a channel program, and which software companies are developing winning strategies in this area?
- What are vendors currently doing to drive partner profitability, satisfaction, and loyalty?
- How large is the indirect software channel across regions, and how does revenue flow through it?
IDC's Software Channels and Ecosystems service analyzes the channel strategies, program best practices, positioning, and overall strategic directions of major software vendors and partner organizations using both quantitative comparison of activities and programs and a qualitative understanding of each organization's strategies. A representative list of vendors tracked includes:
Adobe, Arrow, Avaya, Avnet, BMC, CA Technologies, CDW, Cisco, Citrix, Dell Software Group, EMC, Google, HP, IBM, Infor, Ingram Micro, Insight, Intel, McAfee, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, Progress, Red Hat, Sage, Salesforce.com, SAP, SAS, Symantec, Tech Data, and more.
In addition to vendor analysis, IDC provides an analysis of the strategies of major channel organizations (including distributors and resellers) and complementary partners, such as SIs, VARs, and ISVs.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.