IDC's Unified Communications (UC) service is supported by a cross-functional team of IDC analysts to provide a holistic view of how multiple markets intersect in the journey toward UC. It examines unified communications — a combination of directory, routing, and management of communications, presence, and mobile access to deliver seamlessly integrated voice, messaging, collaboration, and video applications — from multiple technology and services angles. This unique IDC service delivers in-depth UC forecasts, UC vendor competitive analysis, and a comprehensive UC taxonomy.
- Hosted UC/UCaaS services
- Instant messaging
- IP PBXs and IP phones
- Mobile UC solutions
- Web, audio, and videoconferencing solutions
- Pervasive presence management and awareness
- Unified messaging (email, fax, and voicemail in one mailbox)
- UC&C integration with existing horizontal and vertical business applications
- Business costs and benefits of UC
- Drivers and inhibitors of UC&C adoption
- Deploying UC solutions
- UC&C best practices
- Top UC ecosystem vendors
- Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Ecosystem Forecast
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Taxonomy
- Hosted UC/UCaaS Forecast
- Mobile Unified Communications Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide UCaaS Vendor Analysis
- IDC MaturityScape: Unified Communications and Collaboration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the worldwide total available market for UC for particular infrastructure, application, mobile, and communication market segments?
- What are the most compelling customer use cases for UC?
- What is IDC's assessment of the strategies and capabilities of the different UC ecosystem solution providers relative to each other?
- What are the market dynamics, drivers, and inhibitors of UC and UCaaS solutions?
IDC analyzes the strategies, market positions, and future directions of major vendors in the unified communications space, including:
8x8, Acano, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Amdocs, Apptix, AT&T, Avanade, Avaya/Radvision, AVST, BlackBerry, Blue Jeans Network, BroadSoft, CallTower, CA Technologies, CenturyLink, Cisco, Citrix Systems, Comcast, Convergys, CSC, Dell, Dimension Data, EarthLink, EMC, Ericsson, FaceTime, Fujitsu, Fusion, Genesys Conferencing, Google, HP, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Interactive Intelligence Inc., Level 3 Communications, LifeSize/Logitech, Magor, Microsoft, Mitel/Aastra Motorola Solutions, NEC, Nokia, Nuance Communications, Omniture, OnRelay, Oracle, Orange Business Services, Pexip, Plantronics, Polycom, RightNow Technologies, Saba, Salesforce.com, SAP, The SAVO Group, ShoreTel, SimpleSignal, Sprint, StarLeaf, Symantec, Tata, Teliris, Thinking Phones, Toshiba America, Unify, Unisys, Verizon, Vidyo, VisionOSS, VMware, West IPC, Windstream, and Yahoo!
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Manager, Broadband, Enterprise Voice & IP Communications Services, and Unified Communications