IDC's Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) service is supported by a cross-functional team of IDC analysts to provide a holistic view of how multiple markets intersect in the journey toward UC&C. It examines unified communications — a combination of directory, routing, and the management of communications, presence, and mobile access to deliver seamlessly integrated voice, messaging, collaboration, and video applications — from multiple technology and services angles. It also encompasses collaboration — a term that emphasizes the increasingly important role that collaboration applications and services are playing in support of the UC&C market. Collaborative applications software and services provide the user interfaces, repositories, and computer logic required for individuals and groups of users to interact, coordinate tasks, and share information in real-time and non-real-time models. This unique IDC service delivers in-depth UC&C forecasts, UC&C vendor competitive analysis, and a comprehensive UC&C taxonomy.
- Cloud UC/UCaaS services
- Instant messaging
- IP PBXs and IP phones
- Mobile UC&C solutions
- Web, audio, and videoconferencing solutions
- Pervasive presence management and awareness
- Unified messaging (email, fax, and voicemail in one mailbox)
- UC&C integration with existing horizontal and vertical business applications
- Business costs and benefits of UC&C
- Drivers and inhibitors of UC&C adoption
- Deploying UC&C solutions
- UC&C best practices
- Top UC&C/UCaaS ecosystem vendors and CSPs
- Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Ecosystem Forecast
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Taxonomy
- Cloud UC/UCaaS Forecast
- Mobile Unified Communications Forecast and Analysis
- IDC's U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Unified Communications and Collaboration
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Communications and Collaboration Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide UCaaS Vendor Analysis
- IDC MaturityScape: Unified Communications and Collaboration
- IDC TechScape: Unified Communications and Collaboration Technologies
- IDC's U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: UCaaS
- IDC's U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications and Collaboration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the worldwide total available market for UC&C for infrastructure, application, mobile, and communication market segments?
- What are the most compelling customer use cases for UC&C?
- What is IDC's assessment of the strategies and capabilities of the different UC&C ecosystem solution providers relative to each other?
- What are the market dynamics, drivers, and inhibitors of UC&C and UCaaS solutions?
AT&T Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Amazon.com, Inc., Avanade Inc, Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, Blue Jeans Network, Inc., BroadSoft, Inc., CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Daegis Inc., GENBAND, Inc., Genesys Systems Inc, Google Inc., HP Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE GROUP, INC., Intel Corporation, Level 3 Communications, LifeSize Communications, Inc., Limited Liability Company "Eguant", Logitech international S.A., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel (Delaware), Inc., NEC Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Nuance Communications, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., PLANTRONICS, INC., Pexip AS, Polycom, Inc., RingCentral, Inc., STARLEAF LTD, Salesforce.com, Inc., ShoreTel, Inc., Sprint Corporation, Symantec Corporation, Tata Group, Telstra Corporation Limited, Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Vonage Holdings Corp., West Corporation, Windstream Holdings, Inc.
Research Manager, Broadband, Enterprise Voice & IP Communications Services, and Unified Communications
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure