IDC's Search and Content Analytics Software covers search and discovery technologies for the enterprise and the Web. This program studies trends in information access with an emphasis on search and text analytics technologies and products, but it also addresses the needs of information workers for intelligent workspaces that provide a single point of access to multiple sources of information within an easy-to-use, collaborative work environment and for effective online interaction design and conversational systems.
- Search and discovery technologies including search engines, text analytics, categorization, and information visualization
- Enterprise search and discovery software
- Text analytics, including reputation monitoring and eDiscovery software
- Big Data for content
- UI design for unified information access and InfoApps
- Other search and analytics uses such as site search, SEO, SEM and ecommerce search, recommendation engines, and mobile search
- New business models based on integration of content, analytics, and search on the Web and B2B
- Unified access to information
- Rich media search and analytics
- High Cost of Information Work
- Big Data and Content: Technologies, Uses
- Information Access: Predictions for 2013
- Content Analytics Market
- Search Market Trends, Forecasts, and Vendor Market Shares
- Unified Access to Information
- Case Studies in Search and Content Analytics
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the trends and opportunities for search and text analytics vendors?
- What software will enterprises need to manage their internal information and their online businesses?
- How are information access technologies evolving and consolidating to better serve traditional enterprises?
- How are search marketing, search engine optimization, ad targeting, commerce search, and personalization changing the digital marketplace?
IDC's Search and Content Analytics Software research examines how IT vendors and their customers are positioning themselves to handle the growth of digital content and data, provide access to it, and compete in the digital marketplace. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the digital marketplace, including:
Attensity, Attivio, Autonomy, BA Insight, Basis Technology, Clarabridge, Connotate, Coveo, Dassault Systèmes, dtSearch, Elsevier, EMC, Google, HP/Autonomy, IBM, Lexalytics, Lexmark, Linguamatics, Lucid Imagination, MarkLogic, Microsoft, Yippy/MuseGlobal, OpenText, Oracle, Recommind, SAP, SAS, Smartlogic, SDL, Sinequa, Temis, Thomson, X1, Yahoo!, and ZyLAB.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.