IDC's Content Analytics Discovery and Cognitive Computing covers unstructured data and information analysis, discovery and advisory technologies for the enterprise, and cloud and the public Internet. This program organizes, accesses, and provides advisory services based on a range of unstructured information and provides a platform for the development of analytic and cognitive applications. This program studies trends in information access with an emphasis on cognitive and content analytics technologies and products, but it also addresses the needs of knowledge workers for predictive and automated assistance providing recommendations and guidance in both their professional and their personal areas.
- Content analytics for unstructured information including social media monitoring, reputation monitoring, and sentiment analysis
- Exploration, search, and discovery technologies including search engines, auto-categorization, and information visualization
- Cognitive computing technologies and platforms including expert assistance software
- Unified information access (UIA) platforms and technologies
- Rich media analytics, exploration, and discovery technologies and applications
- User interface design for unified information access and InfoApps
- Other search and analytics uses such as site search, SEO, SEM and ecommerce search, recommendation engines, and mobile search
- Unlocking the Hidden Value of Information
- Cognitive Computing Use Cases
- Market Analyses and Predictions
- Market Trends, Forecasts, and Vendor Market Shares
- Unified Information Access Platforms
- Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the trends and opportunities for content analytics discovery and advisory vendors?
- What software will enterprises need to manage their structured and unstructured information and promote information discovery and sharing?
- How are information access technologies evolving and consolidating to better serve traditional enterprises?
- How will cognitive and expert assistance software change how knowledge workers do their job?
- What will the impact of cognitive and expert assistance software have on society? How will it work with the Internet of Things to provide more value to society?
IDC's Content Analytics, Discovery and Cognitive Computing research examines how IT vendors and their customers are positioning themselves to handle the growth of unstructured content and information, provide access to it, and provide tools that can deliver advisory services and recommendations based on that information. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of numerous vendors, including:
- Search engines and platforms: Dassault Systèmes, Elasticsearch, Google, HP, IBM, LucidWorks, Microsoft, and Oracle
- Content analytics: Attensity, Clarabridge, IBM, Lexalytics, Linguamatics, and SAS
- Cognitive platforms: Digital Reasoning, Expertmaker, IBM, IHS, and Saffron Technology
- Rich media: BBN, Blinkx, HP, Nexidia, Nuance, and RAMP
- UIA platforms: Attivio, Coveo, HP, IBM, Palantir, Sinequa, and Smartlogic
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.