IDC's Cognitive Systems and Content Analytics covers the market and technologies that analyze, organize, access, and provides advisory services based on a range of unstructured information. These technologies also provide a platform for the development of analytic and cognitive applications. Using large amounts of structured and unstructured data, content analytics, information discovery and analysis as well as numerous other infrastructure technologies, cognitive systems use deep natural language processing and understanding to answer questions, provide recommendations and direction, hypothesize and formulate possible answers based on available evidence, be trained through the ingestion of vast amounts of content, and automatically adapt and learn from its mistakes and failures. The technology components in this market include software for text (often in multiple languages) and rich media (such as audio, video, and image) tagging, searching, entity and relationship extraction, information discovery, machine learning, deep learning, supervised and unsupervised learning, hypotheses generation, categorization, clustering, question answering, visualization, filtering, alerting, and navigation. This market also includes unified information access and cognitive systems platforms that incorporate a wide range of the previously mentioned components.
- Cognitive computing technologies and platforms including expert assistance software
- Content analytics for unstructured information including social media monitoring, reputation monitoring, and sentiment analysis
- Exploration, search, and discovery technologies including search engines, auto-categorization, and information visualization
- Unified information access (UIA) platforms and technologies
- Rich media analytics, exploration, and discovery technologies and applications
- User interface design for unified information access and InfoApps
- Other search and analytics uses such as site search, SEO, SEM and ecommerce search, recommendation engines, and mobile search
- Cogntive Computing, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Content and Semantic Analytics
- Market Analyses and Predictions
- Market Trends, Forecasts, and Vendor Market Shares
- Unified Information Access Platforms
- Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the trends and opportunities for cognitive system and content analytics platform vendors?
- What software will enterprises need to manage their structured and unstructured information and promote information discovery and sharing?
- How are information access technologies evolving and consolidating to better serve traditional enterprises?
- How will cognitive and expert assistance software change how knowledge workers do their job?
- What will the impact of cognitive and expert assistance software have on society? How will it work with the Internet of Things to provide more value to society?