IDC Financial Insights' Middle East and Africa Banking IT Strategies provides an in-depth analysis of IT in the financial services sector in select countries of the Middle East and Africa. The program helps technology vendors identify, understand, and address opportunities in the financial services sector by sizing IT spending, analyzing development trends, and assessing the competitive environment. Special focus is given to sector areas with substantial ICT investments and examination of the pain points and circumstances that drove uptake and upgrades. Intended for IT vendors and investors, this service delivers essential thought leadership for grasping current and emerging opportunities.
IDC Financial Insights analysts examine opportunities from the customer and IT vendor perspectives to unpack operational and strategic factors driving the efficient and effective use of technology in financial organizations. They conduct extensive user surveys and maintain ongoing communications with industry experts and IT decision makers to identify challenges faced by IT departments of financial institutions. They use secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources to note how different technologies can help them achieve business goals and to ensure that they are on top of the latest developments in ICT that are taking place in the financial industry.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Drivers and inhibitors of IT uptake in financial services – cost/income considerations
- Technology impact on underbanked and underserviced communities
- Mobile banking and insurance trends
- Business analytics and intelligence systems as competitive differentiators
- Risk, compliance, and regulatory requirements: How do these requirements impact ICT adoption in the financial sector?
- Geographic coverage includes the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, Nigeria, and other Middle East and African countries
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much are financial institutions in the Middle East and Africa spending on IT by country?
- What are the specifics of and unique dynamics within banking in the Middle East and Africa?
- What are the latest trends in IT usage and adoption in the financial sector, especially in cloud, mobility, and compliance?
- What is the IT procurement strategy within financial institutions in the Middle East and Africa, and how are their expectations changing?
- Who are the vendors that are supplying IT services to financial institutions in the Middle East and Africa?
IDC Financial Insights' Middle East and Africa Banking IT Strategies is ideally suited to support the marketing and sales departments and the financial product, solution, and services managers of IT vendors targeting the financial services sector in the Middle East and Africa.