IDC's Business Analytics Solutions service helps product, marketing, channel, and strategic planning professionals assess business opportunities and position their products within the "build" or "buy" markets for business analytics solutions. The build market comprises the business intelligence (BI) and analytics tools for populating, managing, and accessing a data warehouse or mart. The buy market comprises packaged "analytic applications" (a term coined by IDC in 1997) specialized to a business process, function, or vertical industry. Critical analysis about the human resource requirements associated with the business analytics market is also provided.
- Big Data and analytics maturity benchmarks
- Supply chain, workforce, and services operations analytic applications
- Collaborative business analytics
- Pervasive business intelligence
- Spatial information management
- Big Data and analytics best practices
- Business analytics appliances
- Decision management
- Visual discovery
- Convergence of BI and business process automation
- Unified access to content and data
- Cloud business analytics
- Open source business analytics
- Mobile business analytics
- Big Data and Analytics–Related MaturityScape, PeerScapes, MarketScape, FutureScape
- Worldwide Business Analytics Software Forecast and Market Shares
- Worldwide Performance Management and Analytic Applications Forecast and Market Shares
- Worldwide Financial Performance and Strategy Management Applications Forecast and Market Shares
- End-User Demand Trends for Business Analytics
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What strategies will companies use to build, buy, and integrate analytic applications?
- How will broader options of business analytics solutions develop over the foreseeable future?
- What challenges do organizations face in implementing business analytics solutions?
- What opportunities exist in the business analytics services market?
- What will be the impact of Big Data on the broader business analytics market?
- What strategies are effective in expanding the penetration of business analytics solutions?
ACTUATE CORPORATION, Adaptive Insights, Alteryx, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., DATAMEER, INC., EMC Corporation, ESRI, Inc., FICO, HOST ANALYTICS INC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, INFORMATION BUILDERS, MicroStrategy Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PANORAMA SOFTWARE INC., PENTAHO CORP, PROGNOZ, QlikTech, Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Tableau Software, Inc., Teradata Corporation