IDC's Business Analytics Solutions service helps product, marketing, channel, and strategic planning professionals assess business opportunities and position their products within the "build" or "buy" markets for business analytics solutions. The build market comprises the business intelligence (BI) and analytics tools for populating, managing, and accessing a data warehouse or mart. The buy market comprises packaged "analytic applications" (a term coined by IDC in 1997) specialized to a business process, function, or vertical industry. Critical analysis about the human resource requirements associated with the business analytics market is also provided.
- Big data and Analytics maturity benchmarks
- Supply chain, workforce, and services operations analytic applications
- Collaborative business analytics
- Pervasive business intelligence
- Spatial information management
- Big data and Analytics best practices
- Business analytics appliances
- Decision management
- Visual discovery
- Convergence of BI and business process automation
- Unified access to content and data
- Cloud business analytics
- Open source business analytics
- Mobile business analytics
- Big Data and Analytics–Related MaturityScape, PeerScapes, MarketScape, FutureScape
- Worldwide Business Analytics Software Forecast and Market Shares
- Worldwide Performance Management and Analytic Applications Forecast and Market Shares
- Worldwide Financial Performance and Strategy Management Applications Forecast and Market Shares
- End-User Demand Trends for Business Analytics
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What strategies will companies use to build, buy, and integrate analytic applications?
- How will broader options of business analytics solutions develop over the foreseeable future?
- What challenges do organizations face in implementing business analytics solutions?
- What opportunities exist in the business analytics services market?
- What will be the impact of big data on the broader business analytics market?
- What strategies are effective in expanding the penetration of business analytics solutions
IDC's Business Analytics Solutions service examines how analytics and data warehousing software providers are positioning themselves to compete in the market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the analytics and data warehousing market, including:
Actuate, Adaptive Insights, Alteryx, Amazon.com, Datameer, EMC, ESRI, FICO, Host Analytics, HP, IBM, Information Builders, Microsoft, MicroStrategy, Oracle, Panorama Software, Pentaho, Prognoz, QlikTech, SAP, SAS, Tableau Software, Teradata, TIBCO, and WhereScape.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.