European adoption of software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is growing strongly. In some categories, they have reached the mainstream, while in others they are gaining market. The diversity in business, culture, and languages means that U.S. vendors will not succeed if they copy their U.S. strategies in Europe. Also, many European vendors are building out their own services and capturing market share. IDC's European Public Cloud Services: SaaS, PaaS and IaaS research will provide insightful and actionable understanding of the public cloud services market in Europe. The service helps product, marketing, and strategic planning executives develop successful business strategies and gain competitive insight. The service examines the market in three categories — SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS — as well as their subcategories. It will also inform vendors of "conventional" IT products and services on their strategies in the public cloud.
- SaaS business applications
- SaaS infrastructure and security
- IaaS servers as a service
- IaaS storage as a service
- Ecosystems for cloud services
- European user attitudes to SaaS and cloud services
- Vendor strategies in SaaS business applications, SaaS infrastructure, platform as a service, and infrastructure as a service
- User adoption patterns across different service types
- Governance models and challenges from cloud services
- Western European Cloud Services Forecast, 2015–2019, including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- End-User Survey Results — User Buying Expectations
- The Competitive Landscape in the European Cloud Services Market
- Cloud Services Delivery and Pricing Mechanisms — Overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the main changes in user demand for public cloud services, and what is driving them?
- Which segments of the market offer the best growth opportunities, and what is required of vendors to succeed?
- What is the competitive positioning of the major players?
- What impact will the evolution of PaaS and IaaS have on the overall cloud services marketplace?
- What do end-user organizations need to keep in mind when adopting cloud services?
- How do cloud services affect IT governance?
IDC's European Public Cloud Services: SaaS, PaaS and IaaS research reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the cloud market, including:
Amazon.com, Belgacom, BT Global Services, Capgemini, Coda, CSC, Experian, Fujitsu Services, Google, HP Services, IBM Global Services, Informatica, Mamut, MessageLabs, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, RightNow, Salesforce.com, SAP, Siemens IT Solutions and Services, sugarCRM, Taleo, Telefónica, Twinfield, T-Systems, Webex/Cisco, and Workday.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.