European adoption of software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is growing strongly. In an increasing number of categories, cloud services have become mainstream, while in others they are gaining market share against traditional on-premises alternatives. The diversity in business, culture, and languages in Europe means that U.S. vendors will not succeed if they simply copy their U.S. strategies in their European operations. At the same time, European vendors are building out their own cloud services and capturing market share. IDC's European Public Cloud Services: SaaS, PaaS and IaaS research provides an insightful and actionable understanding of the public cloud services market in Europe. The service helps product, marketing, and strategic planning executives to develop successful business strategies and gain competitive insight. The service examines the market in three categories — SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS — as well as their subcategories. It will also inform vendors of "conventional" IT products and services on their strategies in the public cloud.
- SaaS business applications
- SaaS infrastructure and security
- IaaS servers as a service
- IaaS storage as a service
- Ecosystems for cloud services
- European user attitudes to SaaS and cloud services
- Vendor strategies in SaaS business applications, SaaS infrastructure, platform as a service, and infrastructure as a service
- User adoption patterns across different service types
- The inter-relationship between cloud and digital
- Governance models and challenges from cloud services
- Western European Cloud Services Forecast, 2016–2020, including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- End-User Survey Results — User Buying Expectations
- The Competitive Landscape in the European Cloud Services Market
- Cloud Services Delivery and Pricing Mechanisms — Overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the main user demands for public cloud services, and what is driving these demands?
- Which segments of the market offer the best growth opportunities, and what is required of vendors to succeed?
- What is the competitive positioning of the major players?
- What impact will the evolution of PaaS and IaaS have on the overall cloud services marketplace?
- What do end-user organizations need to keep in mind when adopting cloud services?
- How do cloud services affect IT governance?
ADP, LLC, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amazon.com, Inc., Box, Inc., COMSCORE, INC., Cegid Group, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems GmbH, Demandware, Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Dropbox Inc., Google Inc., HP Inc., IBM, Intel Corporation, IntraLinks Holdings Inc., Lumesse AS, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Services Ltd., NetSuite Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Rackspace Hosting, Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., SMARTFOCUS GROUP LIMITED, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Symantec Corporation, UNIT4 N.V., Veeva Systems, Inc., Visma AS, Wolters Kluwer N.V., Workday, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.