IDC's Enterprise Servers Vertical Views service encompasses all the research within the Enterprise Servers: Technology Markets service, in addition to providing forecasts and analysis of end-user spending trends and priorities within 18 industries and 8 company size segments for scalable server products in the United States. Worldwide Enterprise Server forecasts are segmented by operating system and chip type. It also analyzes significant new product introductions, technology trends, and adoption rates by industry and company size. This service is designed to be the research cornerstone for any company interested in understanding the scalable server market from an end-user perspective. The following is a comprehensive overview of the industry-specific research elements addressed by the vertical views portion of this service.
- Server spending by operating system (Windows, NetWare, Linux, Unix, i5/OS, z/OS, and other operating systems)
- Server spending by processor design (RISC, CISC, x86, and EPIC)
- U.S. customer spending trends and priorities segmented by 8 company size segments and 18 industries
- Worldwide and U.S. Enterprise Server Forecast and Analysis by Industry and Company Size
- Midyear Update: Worldwide and U.S. Enterprise Server Forecast and Analysis by Industry and Company Size
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How does the enterprise server market opportunity vary within different industries and company size segments?
- What are the key requirements to gaining market share within different industries?
- What are the key pain points, spending trends, priorities, and technology needs in various industries?
- How is customer investment in the installed base changing, and what will this mean for the future?
IDC's Enterprise Servers Vertical Views service keeps product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals informed on the market leaders, emerging vendors, and key market opportunities within the server market. It delivers ongoing insight into vendor performance and comprehensive periodic reviews of vendor rankings in key dimensions of measurement such as revenue and units. Market segmentation and predictions that act as a guiding system for initiating rational and optimal sales and marketing decisions and strategies are also provided. IDC's insights lead to credible, unique, viable, and defensible market positioning and support the identification and prioritization of market efforts as well as successful entry, strategies, and tactics.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.