The Canadian Telecom Overview is designed to provide intelligence about the Canadian telecom sector to non-telecom companies. It will appeal to vendors selling hardware, software, and IT services to telcos and other communications service providers (CSPs). The report series will analyze key industry trends, profile major players, advise on the market outlook, and deliver the appropriate level of knowledge to marketing, sales, and senior executives about the telecom sector as a key market for many IT players in Canada.
- Broadband Internet access, including cable, DSL, and fixed wireless
- Technologies relevant to the CSP of the future including IP convergence, next-generation OSS, and software-defined networks
- Data communications services including MPLS IP VPN and metro Ethernet MAN/WAN
- Wireless voice and data, including 3G/4G, WLAN, and wireless enterprise adoption
- Wireline local access and long distance
- Residential, small and medium-sized business, and enterprise markets
- Who's Who in the Zoo: Canadian Telecommunications Industry Structure and Profiles. Authoritative guide to the Canadian telecommunications services landscape and players
- Canadian Telecommunications Capex Budgets: Updates and reviews Canadian telecommunications service providers' capital budgets and provides our initial current year capex budget forecasts for Canada's major telecommunication service providers
- Canadian Telecom Market Forecast Summary 2014–2018: Topline updated five-year telecom services forecast
- Four hours of analyst inquiry time and one briefing presentation can be added on to the base report series subscription
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which are the key telecom sector players that could become customers or partners? What are the competitive dynamics and market shares of key players?
- What is the size of the telecom service market segments, and how are the markets for telecom services changing in Canada?
IDC's telecom overview examines how telecom providers are positioning themselves to compete in the C$42 billion Canadian telecom services market. This service will analyze key industry trends, profile major players, and review strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Canadian telecom sector, including:
Alcatel-Lucent, Amazon, AT&T, Bell Aliant Regional Communication, Bell Canada, Bragg Communications, Ciena Corp., Cisco Systems, Cogeco Data, Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Wireless (Mobilicity), EastLink, Ericsson, Globalive (WIND Mobile), Google, HP, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Nokia Siemens Networks, Persona, Primus, Public Mobile, RIM, Rogers Communications, SaskTel, Shaw, TELUS, TeraGo Networks, Verizon, Vidéotron, Vonage, and ZTE.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.