IDC's Storage Solutions: Protection, Availability and Recovery service enables storage vendors and IT users to have a more comprehensive view of the evolving data protection, availability, and recovery market. Integrating hardware and software components, the report series will include market forecasts and provide a combination of timely tactical market information and long-term strategic analysis.
- Disk-based data protection and recovery solutions packaged as software, appliance, or gateway system with a focus on technology evolution
- Market forecast based on total terabytes shipped and revenue for disk-based data protection and recovery (No vendor shares will be published.)
- End-user adoption of different data protection and recovery technologies and solutions
- Vendors delivering disk-based data protection and recovery solutions with focus on architecture based on use cases and applications
- Technologies and processes, including backup, snapshots, replication, continuous data protection, tape virtualization, and data deduplication
- Impact of purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) on overall market growth and customer adoption
- Implications of copy data management and impact on capacity management, cost, and security
- The evolutionary impact of virtual infrastructure and object storage on data protection schemes
- Data protection best practice guidelines and adoption
- Use of Disk-Based Technologies for Protection and Recovery
- Adoption Patterns and Role of PBBAs in Customer Environments
- End-User Needs and Requirements
- Disk-Based Data Protection Market Size and Forecast
- Virtual Backup Appliance Solutions
- Intersection of data protection software and management with cloud services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the market opportunity of disk-based data protection?
- What are the primary applications/workloads that will benefit the most with the increased use of disk-based data protection?
- What impact will the increased use of low-cost disks, VTLs, PBBAs, and data deduplication have on the tape market?
- How does the ecosystem of data protection products integrate with server and storage virtualization?
- How does disk-based data protection enable greater information access regardless of operational failures or disasters?
- Which disk-based technologies are most commonly used today, and what are the trends?
Acronis AG, Arcserve, LLC, Barracuda Networks, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CommVault Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Imation Corp., NetApp, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Veeam Ltd., Zerto