Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. Worldwide Black Book (Premium Edition) is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 54 countries. In addition, Worldwide Black Book (Premium Edition) provides market sizing and forecasts for cloud services by country (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) and quarterly IT spending by region, providing ICT suppliers and investors with all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of all global macrolevel market trends.
- Hardware: Servers, storage, printers/MFPs, PCs, peripherals, smartphones
- Telecom equipment and services
- Packaged software: Applications, application development and deployment tools, system infrastructure
- IT services: Planning, implementation, support services, operations, training, and education
- Cloud services: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Quarterly IT spending
- Macroeconomic analysis and assumptions
- Cloud Services Forecast and Analysis
- Quarterly Worldwide Black Book (ICT market sizing and forecasts)
- Quarterly Worldwide IT and Economic Analysis
- IT Spending QView (worldwide and regional IT spending by quarter)
- Historical Databook
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending and the adoption of public cloud services?
- What is the projected growth of IT spending and cloud services by quarter, and which regions/markets are subject to the most seasonality?
- What are the key trends driving IT spending in BRIC countries and other emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of cloud investment in the next five years?
- What proportion of total IT spending is transitioning to cloud delivery models, and what is the relevant growth by region of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book (Premium Edition) service examines IT spending patterns and forecasts across the following country markets:
Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, the United States, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.