Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 54 countries. In addition, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition provides market sizing and forecasts for cloud services by country (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS) and analysis of 3rd Platform market growth and development, providing ICT suppliers and investors with all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of all global macrolevel market trends.
- Infrastructure: Server, storage, and network
- Devices: PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure
- IT services: Planning, implementation, support, operations management, and training
- Cloud services: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- 3rd Platform market analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis and assumptions
- Cloud Services Forecast and Analysis
- Quarterly Worldwide Black Book (ICT market sizing and forecasts)
- Quarterly Worldwide IT and Economic Analysis
- 3rd Platform Market Analysis and Forecast
- Historical Databook (IT Spending 1995–2015)
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending and the adoption of public cloud services?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by region?
- What are the key trends driving IT spending in BRIC countries and other emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of cloud investment in the next five years?
- What proportion of total IT spending is transitioning to cloud delivery models, and what is the relevant growth by region of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines ICT spending patterns and forecasts across the following country markets:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the Philippines, the United Kingdom the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam