Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition includes IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 89 countries. In addition, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition provides market sizing and forecasts for 3rd Platform market growth and development across the following markets: cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, social, IoT, cognitive/AI, AR/VR, 3D printing, security, and robotics, providing ICT suppliers and investors with all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of new and emerging market opportunities.
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Traditional PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure
- IT and business services
- Public cloud services
- 3rd platform spending: IoT, big data and analytics, social, cloud, mobility, 3D printing, robotics, cognitive AI, AR/VR, and security
- Macroeconomic analysis and assumptions
- 3rd Platform Forecast and Analysis by Region
- Quarterly Worldwide Black Book (ICT market sizing and forecasts by country)
- Quarterly Worldwide IT and Economic Analysis
- 3rd Platform Market Analysis and Forecast
- Historical Databook (IT Spending 1995–2016)
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending and the adoption of new 3rd Platform technologies?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by region?
- How much ICT spending is moving to the 3rd Platform from traditional 2nd Platform revenue sources?
- Which 3rd Platform technologies are expected to enjoy the largest share of cloud investment in the next five years?
- Which new technologies are growing quickly in emerging markets, and which new opportunities are stronger in mature economies?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines 3rd Platform ICT Spending patterns and forecasts across the following regional markets:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Rest of Africa, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam