Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 54 countries. Additionally, the Premium Version of the Worldwide Black Book provides market sizing and forecasts for cloud services by country, quarterly IT spending by region, annual worldwide IT vendor market share analysis, and an annual index of ICT penetration (the Information Society Index), providing ICT suppliers and investors with all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of all global macrolevel market trends.
- Hardware: servers, storage, printers/MFPs, PCs, peripherals, smartphones
- Telecom equipment and services
- Packaged software: applications, application development and deployment tools, system infrastructure
- IT services: planning, implementation, support services, operations, training, and education
- Cloud services: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- IT vendor market share
- IT and Internet market penetration
- Cloud Services Forecast and Analysis
- Quarterly Regional IT Market Analysis
- Quarterly Worldwide ICT Spending Updates
- IT Spending QView (worldwide and regional IT spending by quarter)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending and the adoption of public cloud services?
- What is the projected growth of IT spending by quarter, and which regions/markets are subject to the most seasonality?
- What are the key trends driving IT spending in BRIC countries and other emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What proportion of total IT spending is transitioning to cloud delivery models, and what is the relevant growth by region of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of the largest providers in the ICT industry, including:
Accenture, Cisco, Dell, EDS, EMC, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.