IDC's Africa Telecom Services Opportunities service analyzes emerging markets in the African telecoms sector, with strong focus on competitive analysis. Combining detailed market forecasts for larger markets with key indicators for additional countries and profiles of emerging demographic and service opportunities, it is an indispensable source of strategic market information for incumbent operators, multinational service providers already active in the African market, and service providers and equipment vendors seeking to understand opportunities in these fast-growing markets.
- Consumer and enterprise broadband access services (including fixed, mobile, and WiMax)
- Mobile data licenses and service demand
- Satellite/subsea Internet backbone
- Low-ARPU market strategies
- Managed network services
- Regulatory issues
- Enterprise market strategies
- Bundling and tariffs
- Mobile banking and transactions
- IPTV and pay TV
- Green telecoms and efficient networks
- Mobile Payments Outlook in Africa
- African Mobile Market and Forecasts
- Submarine and Undersea Cable Assessment
- Infrastructure Sharing in Africa
- Tariff Assessment in Africa
- WAN Manager Survey: Technology Preferences
- WAN Manager Survey: Network Provider Selection
- WAN Manager Survey: Collaboration and Cloud Computing
- Scramble for Africa Phase II: Global Services Landscape in Africa
- LTE Market Assessment: Regulatory Overview
- LTE Market: Market Trends and Developments
- Enterprise Mobility Priorities in Africa: Highlights of Enterprise Mobility Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the market evolving as broadband access becomes cheaper and more widespread, telecom penetration rises, ARPU declines, and multinational SPs and vendors jockey for position?
- How are regulators approaching new licenses, market liberalization, and the increasing presence of multinational service providers in the African market?
- Which value-added services are proven winners in the consumer space elsewhere, and what is their potential here?
- How is the changing competitive environment affecting telecoms SPs in the region? What are the lessons? How should operators apply them? How are fixed and mobile services and networks coexisting, competing, or converging in the region, and what are the network strategies that will succeed in the long term?
IDC's Africa Telecom Services Opportunities service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several companies in the African market, including:
- Telecom equipment vendors
- Network service providers
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community athttp://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.