Security appliances are proving extremely popular in Europe, and over recent years have become the preferred solution form factor for delivering security to vendors, channel partners, and customers. Security appliances have proliferated in virtually all security application areas as a result of the benefits they offer, such as ease of use and management, performance, and cost benefits. IDC's European Security Appliance Technologies and Strategies service provides extensive coverage of the European security appliance market. This service is designed to support product managers, strategic marketers, business developers, financial analysts, and PR managers.
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDP), including IPS and IDS
- Unified threat management (UTM)
- Virtual private networks (VPNs), including SSL VPN, IPsec VPN, and hybrid VPN
- Content management (CM) including messaging security, Web security, gateway antivirus, and URL filtering
- 16 Western European countries
- Unit shipments, vendor revenue, installed base, and user spending
- Western European Security Appliance 2014–2018 Forecast and 2012 Review
- 2014 European Business User Survey — Security Appliances
- Quarterly Western European Security Appliance Tracker Market Updates
- Security Vendor Profiles
- European Security Appliance Event Flash, Product Flash, and IDC Links
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are vendors performing?
- What are the trends in the different security appliance market segments?
- What are the trends in the individual country markets?
- How large, in units and revenue, are the different markets?
- Where are the growth opportunities in the European security appliance market?
- What is the impact of UTM on the security appliance market?
- How is the content management market performing?
- In which areas are users planning to invest?
IDC's European Security Appliance Technologies and Strategies service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the European security appliance market, including:
Arkoon, Barracuda Networks, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Clearswift, Cyberoam, Dell, F5 Networks, Fortinet, HP, IBM, Juniper, M86, McAfee, Netasq, Netgear, Palo Alto Networks, Radware, Sophos, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, WatchGuard, Websense, and ZyXEL.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.