Cloud computing is reshaping the IT marketplace, creating new opportunities for suppliers, and catalyzing changes in traditional IT offerings. Over the next three years, IDC expects spending on public IT cloud services to grow almost fivefold, reaching $19.5 billion in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) by 2016. Additionally, spending on cloud computing will be augmented throughout the forecast period by enterprise adoption of private cloud technologies and by enterprise and service provider consumption of IT professional services, resulting in cloud services delivering CAGRs in excess of 30% from 2012 to 2016. IDC's Asia/Pacific Cloud Services research offers an overview of the market opportunity for cloud services in APEJ, and it includes a number of vendor profiles, an end-user survey, and a number of executive briefs.
- Cloud services ecosystem
- Partnerships and alliances
- Software as a service
- Platform as a service
- Cloud service management
- Pricing models
- Infrastructure as a service
- Enterprise private clouds
- Cloud professional services
- Key cloud vendors
- End-user attitudes
- Asia/Pacific Public Cloud Services 2012–2016 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific Private Cloud Services 2012–2016 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific IT Professional Services for Public and Private Cloud 2012–2016 Forecast and Analysis
- Technology Profiles
- Cloud Services Vendor Profiles
- Trends of Cloud Usage Within APEJ Vertical Markets
- Impact of Legislation on Cloud Service Deployment Models
- Future Trends
- Asia/Pacific Cloud Services End-User Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is APEJ user attitude toward cloud computing expected to evolve over the next three years?
- How are cloud services being adopted in APEJ?
- How big is the opportunity for cloud services?
- What cloud services are the major vendors offering?
- What is IDC's view on new cloud service trends and offerings?
- In which key aspects does the APEJ cloud services market differ from that of the rest of the world?
- What are the future trends of APEJ cloud services?
- What will be the impact of current and future legislation on cloud services use?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the cloud services and technologies market, including:
Alatum, Amazon, AT&T, Citrix, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Rackspace, SingTel, Telstra, T-Systems, Verizon, VMware, regional telco service providers, and others.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.