Cloud computing in Asia/Pacific is pivoting to the next stage of where the demand is for increasingly hybrid deployment models as workload priorities move from simple back-end functions to core business processes. IDC expects that in 2015, CIOs will move to hybrid cloud and, as part of their journey, realize existing deficiencies in service management, which will force investment in automation and consumption of externally managed services as alternatives to on-premise deployment of cloud. Key trends that will manifest themselves in the cloud market include demand for integrated DevOps, higher adoption of OpenStack solutions, and increased emphasis on operational governance and security management. Addressing these shifts, IDC's Asia/Pacific Cloud Services research offers an overview of the market opportunity for cloud services in APEJ, and it includes a number of vendor profiles, an end-user survey, and a number of executive briefs to bring out the changes taking place in the market.
- Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, SAP, VMware)
- Channel partner engagement through channel maturity framework
- Impact of technology areas such as software defined, NFV, and their business case for adoption
- Influence of open source
- Platform as a service
- Infrastructure as a service
- Software as a service
- Cloud service management
- Pricing models
- Enterprise private clouds
- Cloud professional services
- End-user attitudes
- Asia/Pacific Cloud Services Predictions
- Asia/Pacific Public Cloud Services 2013–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific Virtual Private Cloud Services 2013–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific Hosted Private Cloud Services 2013–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Asia/Pacific IT Professional Services for Public and Private Cloud 2013–2018 Forecast and Analysis
- Regional Heat Map of Cloud Services
- Growth of Cloud Brokerage in Asia
- Impact of Legislation on Cloud Service Deployment Models
- Channel Partner Requirements from Cloud Partners
- Asia/Pacific Cloud Services End-User Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the adoption of cloud in Asia changing and maturing?
- Which are the key workloads being moved to a cloud deployment model?
- How big is the opportunity for cloud services?
- What are the key vendor selection criteria?
- What is IDC's view on changing technology landscape and its impact on cloud in Asia?
- How is the competitive environment evolving in Asia?
- What will be the impact of current and future legislation on cloud services use?
- 8.What is the impact of changing commercial models for cloud revenue?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the cloud services and technologies market, including:
Alatum, Amazon, AT&T, Citrix, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Rackspace, SingTel, Telstra, T-Systems, Verizon, VMware, regional telco service providers, and others.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Associate Vice President, IDC Asia/Pacific
Senior Research Manager, Services and Cloud Research, IDC Asia/Pacific