IDC's Cloud Services: Global Overview is a unique research service that provides a "rolled up" view of the entire opportunity for IT cloud service provision. This program presents IDC's freshest thinking on the "complete" cloud services opportunity with segmentation by region, technology segment, and vertical industry. It provides a wide-angle complement to other IDC research programs that each provide drilldown views of the impact of cloud in other areas such as software (SaaS), infrastructure, and networks. This program also analyzes how quickly cloud services will be adopted, and by which customer segments It also details key customer expectations about cloud benefits/concerns as well as forecasting how cloud will impact vendor business models and service offerings.
- Infrastructure, platform, and software cloud services markets
- Cloud user spending and partnering intentions
- Cloud services adoption and use cases
- New business models for implementation of cloud services including licensing, pricing, and delivery models as well as budgeting/governance implications for customers
- Changing competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market
- Public IT Cloud Services Forecast — Worldwide and Regional
- Deployment Models and Revenue Forecasts for Private Cloud Offerings
- Hosted Private Cloud Infrastructure Forecast: Worldwide and Regional
- Cloud Services Definitions and Taxonomy
- Cloud User Survey Findings and Analysis
- Vendor Strategy Briefs Driven by Events and Announcements
- Roll-Up Market Sizing for Selling IT Products for the Cloud — The "Arms Dealer" Opportunity
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the emerging customer deployment models including private, virtual private, "hybrid," and public?
- What are leading vendors providing in terms of cloud services, and how are vendor communities converging?
- Which customer segments will quickly adopt cloud services?
- How does cloud influence organizations perspective on IT workloads and investment strategies?
- What is the overarching IT cloud services opportunity?
- How will cloud impact vendor business models and service offerings?
- What are the customer benefits and challenges surrounding cloud services?
- What new models are emerging for licensing/access to functionality?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the IT cloud services market, including
Accenture, Adobe, Akamai, Amazon Web Services, Appirio, AT&T, BMC, BT, CA Technologies, CenturyLink, Cisco/WebEx, Citrix, Cloudera, Compuware, Concur, CSC, Dell, Dimension Data, EDS, Elastra, EMC, ENKI Consulting, FlexiScale, Fujitsu, GoGrid, Google, HP, Hitachi/HDS, Hyperic, IBM/SoftLayer, Intuit, Joyent, Juniper Networks, Kenexa, Keynote Systems, MEEZA, Microsoft, NetApp, NetSuite, New Relic, Novell, OpSource, Oracle, Parallels, Pivotal, Platform Computing, Quanta, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, salesforce.com, SAP, ServiceNow, Skytap, SOASTA, SuccessFactors, Symantec, TIBCO, T-Systems, UFIDA, Unisys, Verizon, VMware, Workday, Zetta, and Zoho.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.