The emergence of cloud-based application and computing services continues to have a profound impact on the storage industry. Companies building cloud environments are emerging as major consumers of storage systems, and their demands are affecting storage hardware and software development efforts. Storage suppliers are left with a choice: enable others to build private and/or public clouds using their technology and/or stand up their own clouds. IDC's Storage Solutions: Storage and the Cloud service will provide forecasts, competitive assessments, and user insights on the development of storage and the cloud — offering insight into both models.
- Basic cloud-based storage services (i.e., Amazon and Rackspace)
- Advanced cloud-based storage services (e.g., backup, archiving, recovery, and file sharing/sync/collaboration)
- Spending on storage hardware and software by builders of private and public clouds
- Impact on commercial storage offerings from ODM direct storage
- Storage for the Cloud: Storage Infrastructure Consumption for Private Clouds
- Storage in the Cloud: Consumption of Basic Public Cloud Storage Services
- Storage and the Cloud: Taxonomy for Cloud-Based Storage Services
- User Barriers and Requirements for Adopting Cloud-Based Storage
- Primary Research into the Needs and Challenges Faced by Cloud Service Providers
- Role of Cloud Gateways in Cloud Storage Adoption
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the spending by organizations/individuals on cloud-based storage?
- What are the main factors driving organizations' interest in cloud-based storage service offerings?
- What is the spending on storage by cloud-based application and IT service providers?
- What capabilities and functional requirements are shaping cloud service providers' investments in storage hardware, software, and professional services?
- How will the ecosystem and channel for cloud-based storage services evolve?
- What impact will ODM direct have on commercial storage offerings?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the cloud-based storage services market, including:
Accenture, Amazon, Asigra, AT&T, Autonomy, Axcient, Box, BT, Carbonite, CenturyLink, CSC, Dell, Dropbox, EMC, F5, Fujitsu, Geminare, Google, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Mozy, NetApp, Nirvanix, Oracle, Rackspace, Riverbed, Seagate, SugarSync, Symantec, Telstra, T-Systems, and Verizon.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.