IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: Worldwide Software service provides critical deal and customer-purchasing data that helps vendors, buyers, and the financial services community understand early-stage spending trends, identify which companies are gaining traction, detect purchasing patterns in complementary markets, and understand peer buyer adoption across markets, regions, verticals, size, and other emerging software demographics. With over 16,000 worldwide customer win transactions and more additions every quarter, this database represents the largest and richest proprietary information repository of software deals. This service provides tangible metrics for strategic planning, competitive intelligence, and market intelligence teams as well as a way for customers to uncover shifts in software purchasing and adoption, which will also enable the effectiveness of sales and marketing teams.
- Cloud, SaaS, and PaaS
- Customer experience management
- Social business, socialytics, social CRM, and social communities
- Enterprise applications (ERM, CRM, SCM, operations, and manufacturing)
- Big Data
- Business analytics software (all markets)
- Mobile enterprise app platforms, mobile enterprise management (MEM, MDM, MAM, MCM), mobile enterprise apps
- Application development and deployment (BPM software, B2B middleware, real-time integration, testing, and database)
- Content management software
- Enterprise collaboration and social solutions
- Software deals covered for 114 countries
- Deals analyzed by client organization name (including DUNS), industry (including SIC), employee size, country, and announcement date
- By software product, IDC functional market, IDC competitive market, and new versus existing customers
- By keywords such as Big Data, cloud, mobility, appliances, social collaboration, customer experience management, and digital commerce, and so forth
This service tracks and analyzes software purchasing/customer wins across markets, regions, and countries by industry, employee size, announcement date, partners, and new versus installed base deals.
- Which customers are my competitors winning?
- What are the opportunities for investment to grow in specific industries, such as healthcare and energy?
- What purchasing decisions are customers making between SaaS, custom development, and packaged applications?
- What software products are sold in emerging markets?
- What are the common characteristics of customers making multiple software purchases?
- What differences exist between large customers and small to midsize businesses when purchasing software?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide Software service examines new customer wins across applications, business analytics, and application development and deployment software. This product is a leading indicator to understand software purchasing trends, tracking approximately 600 software vendors and over 10,000 software customers. A sample list of companies tracked includes:
Accellion, AccuRev, Actian , Actuate, Adaptive Planning, Adobe, Agresso, Algorithmics, Akamai , Amazon (AWS), API Software, Appian, athenahealth, Avaya, Axway, Blackbaud, Blackboard, BonitaSoft, Borland, Bosch, Box, BPLogix, BroadVision, CA Technologies, Cloudera, Compuware, Cordys, Datameer, DataStax, Dell, DropBox, EMC, Epicor, EXTOL, Global Software, GoodData, GT Nexus, GXS, Halogen, HighJump, HP, Host Analytics, Hyland Software, IBM, Infobright, Infor,Informatica, Information Builders, Infosys, Intalio, Integrify, InterSystems, iRise, Jaspersoft, JDA Software, Jenzabar, Jive, Kalido, Kamakura, Kenexa, Kirchman, Kofax, Kognitio, Kronos, KXEN, Lawson, Lexmark, Lithium, Maconomy, MAIA Intelligence, Manhattan Associates, MarkLogic, Microsoft, MicroStrategy, Mindtouch, Misys, MuleSoft, Murex, Mzinga, NetSuite, Oracle, ParAccel, Pegasystems, Pentaho, Pervasive Software, Progress Software, QlikTech, Red Hat, Saba, Sage, salesforce.com, SAP, SAS, SEEBURGER, Software AG, Splunk, SPS Commerce, StatSoft, StepStone, StreamBase, SunGard, Symantec, Tableau Software, Tagetik, Talend, TARGIT, Teradata, TIBCO, Tyler Technologies, Ultimate Software, Unit4, Vocus, VMware, Widen Enterprises, Workday, and YouSendIt.com.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide Software clients weekly deal releases.