IDC Financial Insights' Financial Services Solution Guide examines solution-specific vendor revenue for the top worldwide banking vendors. Solutions covered include payments fraud management, core banking, mobile banking and payments, enterprise risk management, asset and wealth management, and liquidity and asset liability management. Unlike products that examine horizontal vendor revenue from either the hardware, software, or services perspective, this product examines industry-specific vendor revenue at the solution level and provides a holistic view of the top vendors in a particular industry. This product can be used by strategic planners, market analysts, and others seeking to understand the opportunities by solution and industry.
IDC Financial Insights will use a combination of vendor and bank executive interviews, surveys, proprietary models, and public information to estimate the total solution revenue earned by the top 10 suppliers in each of the six key solutions listed below. Depending on the solution, the vendors may be diversified, with only a portion of their total revenue allocated to the market, or specialized, with most or all of their revenue in that market. The key solutions have been selected to fit the following characteristics:
- High growth rate relative to bank IT spending as a whole and low supplier concentration
- Lack of reliable public information on supplier revenue in the specific market, either because most competitors are private companies or because the public competitors do not segment revenue at the necessary detail
- High rate of technological change leading to disruptive market economics
This service will be closely linked to IDC MarketScape reports in the relevant subscription research services, which will provide greater detail on the individual competitors. Over time, as new IDC MarketScape reports are completed, the competitors covered in each report will be added to the Financial Services Solution Guide, to provide an increasingly complete picture of total IT revenue that will complement existing products such as IDC Financial Insights' Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide.
Vendor revenue are segmented by the following banking solutions:
- Payments fraud management
- Core banking
- Mobile banking and payments
- Enterprise risk management
- Asset and wealth management
- Liquidity and asset liability management
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which are the top vendors and how much revenue does each derive from a particular banking solution?
- Which vendors hold the largest share of the banking market?
- What is the total opportunity for specific banking solutions in the United States and worldwide?
- Does the vendor derive the majority of its revenue from a single geographic market or is its offering a worldwide offering?
- Banking line-of-business and IT executives looking for a quick, reliable "short list" of key vendors for key solutions
- Vendors seeking to determine their market share and identify top competitors and/or partnership opportunities
- Securities analysts who cover the vendors in the key market/solution
- Consultants and advisors who are working with end users or suppliers in the key markets
- Concise summary of top banking solution providers
- Competitive positioning and recommended partnerships
- Assist IT suppliers that are targeting the banking sector to identify market opportunities and to execute an effective strategy
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.