IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics research advisory service provides targeted guidance to help retailers improve their analytics competencies in merchandising, marketing, customer insights, and operations. Our research helps IT and line-of-business executives develop strategies, create business cases, monitor industry developments, and select technologies and technology suppliers. We focus on the needs of retailers forging omni-channel relationships with their customers in the context of social media and business, mobility and broadband, cloud services, and big data and analytics. Our research helps the vendor community align their products and services to evolving industry needs and shorten their time to market with innovative applications.
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics global analyst team keeps in constant touch with retail CIOs and their staffs, line-of-business executives, and product strategy executives of leading technology vendors. We develop deep and comprehensive perspectives to provide actionable recommendations. Our methods include in-depth interviews, quantitative and qualitative market research, and secondary research from conferences, publications, blogs, online communities, and traditional news sources.
- Assessing and advancing big data and analytics maturity
- Developing a unified business intelligence strategy
- Identifying the value of analytics in roles and processes
- Mashing up analytics across channels and processes for enterprise insight
- Evaluating disruptive retail technologies to adopt, ignore, and monitor
- Providing IT buyers guidance on decision imperatives in view of business strategies and environmental drivers
- What is the best approach to improving the maturity of my company's big data and analytics competencies?
- Why will product intelligence change retail in the next five years as much as customer intelligence has in the past five years?
- Where are the boundaries around helpful and welcomed personalization?
- What is ahead for planning for retail — financial, assortment, buying, space, pricing, and promotions?
- Are store analytics the Web analytics of the 2010s?
- Where can we make use of visual analytics?
- How can analytics help us better understand our customers?
- Who are the startling start-ups that might challenge complacent incumbents?
- Are there new opportunities to apply analytics for fraud, process compliance, and operational efficiencies?
- Where can we apply social analytics beyond marketing and promotion?
- Where are the disruptive opportunities from mashing up big data analytics with social, cloud, and mobile?
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics Strategies research advisory service is geared toward helping merchants, planners, brand and digital marketers, pricing analysts, stores organizations, and roles dependent on bringing predictive analytical insights into their decision management frameworks. In equal measure, our research helps IT executives align their application portfolio priorities to their business partners' needs, reduce the cost and risks in managing these portfolios, and develop midterm and longer-term business-led IT strategies. Our research addresses the different needs of general merchandise, apparel, footwear, food, drug, and other hard-line and soft-line specialty retailers.
- Assistance in optimizing the people and technology used to provision merchandising, marketing, and customer management with analytical insight
- Mitigation of risks in vendor and technology selection and in implementation and rollout programs
- Clarification of benefits for the prioritization of operational and capital expenditure projects
- Support of development of strategic and annual IT plans through spending benchmarks and analysts' insights
- Guidance on technology buyer concerns and priorities
- Fact-based perspective on product road maps, competitive environment, new market opportunities, and go-to-market strategies
- Increased market awareness of your competencies, product offerings, and development programs
- Guidance on partnerships for applications, services, and technologies text
IDC Retail Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-ri.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Retail Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; Global IT Advisor (GITA) — a flexible, cross-disciplinary research service providing granularity in market information and analysis across a wide range of technology areas; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Retail Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.