IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics research advisory service provides targeted guidance to retailers in support of their efforts to improve their analytics competencies across the enterprise. Our research helps IT and line-of-business executives develop strategies, create business cases, monitor industry developments, and select technologies and technology suppliers. We focus on the needs of retailers forging relevant and engaging omni-channel relationships with their customers in the context of social media and business, mobility and broadband, cloud and evolving IT delivery models, and big data and analytics. Our research helps the vendor community align their products and services to evolving industry needs and shorten their time to market with innovative applications.
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics global analyst team keeps in constant touch with retail CIOs and their staffs, line-of-business executives, and product strategy executives of leading technology vendors. We develop deep and comprehensive perspectives to provide actionable recommendations. Our methods include in-depth interviews, quantitative and qualitative market research, and secondary research from conferences, publications, blogs, online communities, and traditional news sources.
- Developing a unified business intelligence strategy
- Defining the role of big data and analytics within business intelligence
- Managing five dimensions of business intelligence maturity
- Mashing up analytics across channels and processes for enterprise insight
- Evaluating disruptive retail technologies to adopt, ignore, and monitor
- What is the best approach to improving the maturity of my company's big data and analytics competencies?
- Where are the boundaries around helpful and welcomed personalization?
- What is ahead for planning for retail — financial, assortment, buying, space, pricing, and promotions?
- Are store analytics the Web analytics of the 2010s?
- Where can we make use of visual analytics?
- How can analytics help us better understand our customers?
- Who are the startling start-ups that might challenge complacent incumbents?
- Are there new opportunities to apply analytics for fraud, process compliance, and operational efficiencies?
- Where can we apply social analytics beyond marketing and promotion?
- Where are the disruptive opportunities from mashing up big data analytics with social, cloud, and mobile?
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics Strategies research advisory service is geared toward helping merchants, planners, brand and digital marketers, pricing analysts, stores organizations, and roles dependent on bringing predictive analytical insights into their decision management frameworks. In equal measure, our research helps IT executives align their application portfolio priorities to their business partners' needs, reduce the cost and risks in managing these portfolios, and develop midterm and longer-term business-led IT strategies. Our research addresses the different needs of general merchandise, apparel, footwear, food, drug, and other hard-line and soft-line specialty retailers.
- Assistance in optimizing the people and technology used to support merchandising, marketing, and related processes
- Mitigation of risks in vendor and technology selection and in implementation and rollout programs
- Clarification of benefits for the prioritization of operational and capital expenditure projects
- Support of development of strategic and annual IT plans through spending benchmarks and analysts' insights
- Guidance on technology buyer concerns and priorities
- Fact-based perspective on product road maps, competitive environment, new market opportunities, and go-to-market strategies
- Increased market awareness of your competencies, product offerings, and development programs
- Guidance on partnerships for applications, services, and technologies text
IDC Retail Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-ri.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Retail Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Retail Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.