IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics advisory service examines best practice, trends, market conditions, retailers' concerns, and vendors' offerings to provide authoritative advice on investment, life-cycle management, and use of analytics in core retail processes — merchandising, marketing, and customer management. It examines early-stage technologies such as machine learning and cognitive computing to guide early adopters. Our efforts are focused on helping retailers spot and prioritize opportunities, save time, minimize cost, and mitigate risk.
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics global analyst team keeps in constant touch with retail CIOs and their staff, line-of-business executives, and product strategy executives of leading technology vendors. We develop deep and comprehensive perspectives to provide actionable recommendations. Our methods include in-depth interviews, quantitative and qualitative market research, and secondary research from conferences, publications, blogs, online communities, and traditional news sources.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Retail marketing technology services
- Innovative approaches to assortment planning
- Topical reports on major industry events and conferences
- Emerging technologies such as cognitive systems and machine learning
- Store analytics — the omni-channel imperative
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the best approach to improving my company's analytics competencies?
- Where are the boundaries around helpful and welcomed personalization?
- How will the convergence of personal technologies and retailers' systems of engagement change retail?
- What is ahead for planning for retail — financial, assortment, buying, space, pricing, and promotions?
- How can analytics help us better understand our customers?
- Who are the startling start-ups that might challenge complacent incumbents?
- How will analytics change how retailers facilitate each consumer's path to purchase?
- What capabilities are emerging to orchestrate localized and omni-channel assortment strategies?
- How can retailers best take advantage of new marketing technologies and related services?
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Omni-Channel Retail Analytics research advisory service is geared toward helping merchants, planners, brand and digital marketers, pricing analysts, stores organizations, and roles dependent on bringing predictive analytical insights into their decision management frameworks. In equal measure, our research helps IT executives align their application portfolio priorities to their business partners' needs, reduce the cost and risks in managing these portfolios, and develop midterm and longer-term business-led IT strategies. Our research addresses the different needs of general merchandise, apparel, footwear, food, drug, and other hard-line and soft-line specialty retailers.