IDC's Japan Enterprise Servers Needs and Strategy service provides timely, relevant, and in-depth market size information for all server product segments, including x86 servers, RISC servers, IA64 servers, mainframes, business servers, and supercomputers. Clients of this service now also receive demand-side analysis of product selection, purchase and delivery patterns of channels, comprehensive analysis of Japan server market sizing, and competitive analysis of key server vendors, products, technologies, and the latest hardware trends. This service is designed specifically to provide essential guidance to any organization interested in better understanding the Japan server market. This service also provides analysis related to the 3rd platform.
- Server type: x86 server, RISC server, IA64 server, mainframe, etc.
- 3rd platform versus 2nd platform in the server market
- Off-premise versus on-premise
- Impact of ODM direct
- Japan Server Market Dynamics
- The Impact of Competition on Cloud Vendors
- Product Trend of Distributed Processing, Scale-Out Servers
- Server Vendor Competitive Analysis in the IT Services Industry
- Japan Server Installed Base Analysis: The Impact of Windows Server 2003 EOS
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How should Japan's server market be segmented to make an effective and focused marketing strategy and sales promotion program?
- What is the impact of cloud computing and the penetration of server virtualization on SMBs in Japan?
- In regard to hardware attributes and pricing, which segments of the Japan server market are expected to show the highest growth?
- Which server vendors are successfully growing in which segments?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the Japan Enterprise Servers Needs and Strategy market, including:
Cisco Systems, Cray, Dell, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Lenovo, NEC, Nihon Unisys, Oracle, SGI, Stratus Technologies, and Toshiba.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Manager, Servers, IDC Japan
Group Manager, Server, IDC Japan
Market Analyst, Servers, IDC Japan