IDC's Canadian Cloud Services: Overview is a unique research offering that provides a "rolled up" view of the entire opportunity for cloud-based IT services in Canada. It presents analysis on public cloud adoption and public cloud opportunities segmented by software, platform, and infrastructure services offerings. Through cloud forecasts, competitive analysis, and customer segmentation, this program offers insights into where to direct sales and marketing efforts around cloud in Canada.
- Public adoption by subcategories of software (SaaS), platform (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- The evolving hybrid cloud platforms and delivery models
- Cloud user spending intentions by segment
- Cloud forecasts and competitive analysis
- Impact on IT vendors, service providers, hosters, and channels such as VARs and SIs
- IT Cloud Services Market Analysis Forecast: For seven high-level categories of IT cloud services (servers, storage, applications, application development)
- Cloud IT and Line-of-Business User Survey Findings including IDC's global CloudView study
- Case studies and best practices
- Four hours of analyst inquiry time and one briefing presentation can be added on to the base report series subscription (optional)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are the markets for sourcing, apps services, and IT services changing in Canada as a result of cloud computing?
- Which are the key cloud players that could become customers or partners?
- How are the business models of Canadian managed service providers, ISVs, SIs, and VARs changing?
- What key industry and structural changes are taking place in the Canadian cloud market that may improve or inhibit my company's cloud play/offerings?
- What are the customer benefits and challenges surrounding cloud services?
Allstream Limited, Amazon.com, Inc., Asigra Inc., Bell Canada, CA Technologies, CGI Group Inc., CSC HOLDINGS LIMITED, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems Internetworking Iletisim Hizmetleri Limited Sirketi, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems GmbH, Citrix Systems, Inc., Cogeco Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Geminare Incorporated, Google Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., LONG VIEW COMPANY (LVTC), Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Novell, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Platform Computing Inc, RackForce Networks Inc., Rackspace Hosting, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., Sherweb, Symantec Corporation, TELUS Corporation, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications Inc.