IDC's Canadian Cloud Services: Overview is a unique research offering that provides a "rolled up" view of the entire opportunity for cloud-based IT services in Canada. It presents analysis on cloud adoption and opportunities by private and public cloud segmented by software, platform, and infrastructure services offerings. Through cloud forecasts, competitive analysis, and customer segmentation, this program offers insights into where to direct sales and marketing efforts around cloud in Canada.
- Public adoption by subcategories of software (SaaS), platform (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Private IaaS cloud adoption and opportunities
- The evolving hybrid cloud platforms and delivery models
- Cloud user spending intentions by segment
- Cloud forecasts and competitive analysis
- Impact on IT vendors, service providers, hosters, and channels such as VARs and SIs
- IT Cloud Services Market Analysis Forecast: For seven high-level categories of IT cloud services (servers, storage, applications, application development)
- Cloud IT and Line-of-Business User Survey Findings
- Case studies and best practices
- (Optional) Four hours of analyst inquiry time and one briefing presentation can be added on to the base report series subscription
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How are the markets for sourcing, apps services, and IT services changing in Canada as a result of cloud computing?
- Which are the key cloud players that could become customers or partners?
- How are the business models of Canadian managed service providers, ISVs, SIs, and VARs changing?
- What key industry and structural changes are taking place in the Canadian cloud market that may improve or inhibit my company's cloud play/offerings?
- What are the customer benefits and challenges surrounding cloud services?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Canadian cloud market, including:
Allstream, Amazon, Asigra, Bell, CA Technologies, CenturyLink, CGI, Cisco, Citrix, Cogeco, CSC, Dell, EMC, Geminare, Google, HDS, HP, IBM, Juniper Networks, Long View, Microsoft, NetApp, Novell, Oracle, Platform Computing, salesforce.com, RackForce, Rackspace, Rogers, SAP, , Sherweb, Symantec, TELUS, Verizon, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.