IP as applied to voice and other applications and services is an emerging market with enormous growth potential and the ability to transform the communications services industry. This report series analyzes the market for traditional/legacy voice services and emerging IP communications services including hosted IP communications services, IP trunking, and hosted unified communications. It also examines service provider strategies to facilitate the usage of IP as well as enterprise adoption of and migration to emerging IP communications services. This service further quantifies the opportunity for personal IP communications services and communications-as-a-service (CaaS) applications delivered from the cloud.
- Hosted IP voice
- Hosted IP communications and applications services
- SIP trunking/integrated access
- Enterprise migration from legacy to IP voice services
- Communications as a service
- Enterprise adoption of VoIP and end-user trends and challenges
- U.S. Hosted IP Voice Forecast
- U.S. SIP Trunking Forecast
- Enterprise Voice Migration: TDM to VoIP
- U.S. WAN Manager Survey: Business VoIP
- Communications-as-a-Service Insight
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the role of the service provider in delivering IP communications services across the enterprise?
- How can operators and vendors implement IP communications solutions that meet the needs of companies ranging in size from small businesses to large enterprises?
- What is the enterprise migration path from legacy TDM voice to VoIP services, and when and how is the migration occurring?
- What role will vendors such as Cisco and Microsoft play in delivering communications as a service?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the enterprise voice and IP communications services market, including:
8x8, AT&T, Avaya, BroadSoft, Broadvox, BT, CallTower, Cbeyond, CenturyLink, Charter, Cisco, Comcast, Cox, Dimension Data, EarthLink, Fonality, HP, IBM, Integra Telecom, IntelePeer, Level 3 Communications, MegaPath, Microsoft, Optimum Lightpath, Orange Business Services, Polycom, ShoreTel/M5, SimpleSignal, Sprint, Tata, Thinking Phones, Time Warner Cable, tw telecom, Verizon, West IPC, WVT Communications Group, Windstream, and XO Communications.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.