Hybrid cloud and software-defined datacenter (SDDC) architectures are rapidly transforming the way enterprise and service provider datacenter management teams provision, configure, and deliver services to employees, customers, and partners. Policy-based automation, end-user self-service, consumption-based costing, advanced IT operations analytics, and community-driven open source innovation are all needed to ensure agile reactions to rapidly shifting priorities. Enterprise IT management software buyers, datacenter management software vendors, cloud service providers, and investors look to IDC's IT Cloud and Software-Defined Datacenter Decision Economics service to provide the expert insight and market intelligence needed to make strategic cloud and software-defined datacenter management decisions.
- Public and private cloud systems management software revenue forecasts and vendor shares
- Customer functional priorities and timelines for investing in cloud and SDDC systems management software
- Major cloud and SDDC systems management vendor strategies
- Enterprise tactics and strategies for optimizing public, private, and hybrid cloud and SDDC systems management and business value
- Role of open source in promoting innovation and disrupting the status quo among cloud and SDDC systems management software providers
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Forecast and Trends
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Vendor Strategies and Market Shares
- Cloud Systems Management Customer Priority Surveys
- SDDC and Integrated System Management Priorities and Vendor Strategies
- Open Source Impacts, Opportunities, and Use Cases
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the top customer priorities impacting demand for cloud and SDDC systems management software?
- What are the latest forecasts and market shares for worldwide cloud systems management software solutions?
- How are major vendors and start-ups innovating and re-architecting management software solutions to address the needs of hybrid cloud and SDDC environments?
- How will open source disrupt cloud and SDDC management software strategies and create new opportunities?
This service is designed to assist IT buyers and decision makers as well as systems management software, cloud solution vendors, and service providers that support them. Cloud represents a major shift in the way IT solutions and software are developed, deployed, and operated. Buyers need up-to-date insight into best practices, vendor capabilities, and lessons being learned by early adopters. Vendors and service providers need current insight into the market opportunity, decision drivers, business case models, and competitor activities.
Designed for business, IT, and financial executives seeking input on emerging best practices, vendor strategies, and market opportunities, this research program serves the needs of a wide range of IT buyers, vendors, and service providers.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.