The business case for public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions is often based on expectations for capital and operational cost savings paired with increased business agility and application performance. The ability to achieve the expected outcomes depends heavily on the choices that customers and service providers make about products and processes for physical and virtual systems management, automation, and control of on-premise infrastructure and public cloud services. Customers, software vendors, service providers, and investors look to IDC's IT Cloud Decision Economics service to provide the expert insight and market intelligence needed to make important public and private IT cloud computing management decisions.
- Public and private cloud systems management software revenue forecasts
- Customer functional priorities and timelines for investing in cloud systems management software solutions
- Major vendor cloud systems management strategies
- Cloud systems management software vendor market shares
- Enterprise tactics and strategies for optimizing public, private, and hybrid cloud systems management and business value
- Cloud systems management software and SaaS innovators and strategies to disrupt the status quo
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Forecast and Trends
- Worldwide Cloud Systems Management Software Vendor Strategies and Market Shares
- Cloud Systems Management Customer Priority Surveys and Use Cases
- Cloud Systems Management Start-Ups and Innovators
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What public and private cloud systems management functional capabilities will be most widely implemented in 2013–2017?
- How are major vendors and start-ups addressing the cloud systems management software market?
- What are the latest forecasts and market shares for worldwide cloud systems management software solutions?
- What are the most important choices and trade-offs IT and business decision makers need to consider with regard to developing governance, business case, and management strategies for their cloud environments?
- What types of best practices and decision frameworks are emerging to help enterprise decision makers optimize cloud operations and architectures?
This service is designed to assist IT buyers and decision makers as well as system management software, cloud solution vendors, and service providers that support them. Cloud represents a major shift in the way IT solutions and software are developed, deployed, and operated. Buyers need up-to-date insight into best practices, vendor capabilities, and lessons being learned by early adopters. Vendors and service providers need current insight into the market opportunity, decision drivers, business case models, and competitor activities.
Designed for business, IT, and financial executives seeking input on emerging best practices, vendor strategies, and market opportunities, this research program serves the needs of a wide range of IT buyers, vendors, and service providers.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community athttp://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.