IDC's Enabling Technologies: Mobile and Tablets service offers market sizing and vendor share analysis for key chip segments within the wireless (2G, 2.5G, 3G, 3.5G, and 4G cellular; WLAN; Bluetooth; and other connectivity), tablet, and memory (NAND and DRAM) markets. IDC focuses on providing tactical and strategic perspectives to improve companies' visibility in these dynamic markets. This service is a key resource to help guide clients through transitions in technologies and to clarify opportunities within key segments of the wireless communications, tablet, and memory markets. This service also examines key opportunities in the consumer market, driven by the advancement in sensing and other related technologies.
- 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 3.5G, and 4G cellular chip technologies
- Smartphone, high-end phone, midrange phone, and entry-level phone semiconductors
- Tablets and ereader semiconductors
- WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, and other connectivity technologies
- Mobile phone and tablet BOM costs and chip pricing trends, forecasts, and analysis
- Memory (NAND and DRAM) demand and supply trends across all devices, including mobile phones
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Semiconductor Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Subsystem (Baseband, Application Processor, RF, and Connectivity) Market Shares
- Worldwide NAND Flash Demand and Supply
- Worldwide Tablet and eReader Semiconductor Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide DRAM Flash Demand and Supply
- Worldwide NAND and DRAM Market Share
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Memory Semiconductor Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the fastest-growing semiconductor opportunities in the mobile phone and tablet semiconductor markets?
- Who are the semiconductor market share leaders in the mobile phone and tablet semiconductor markets, and who is best positioned for the future?
- What are the primary trends in the mobile phone and tablet semiconductor, connectivity, sensing, and M2M markets?
- What are the emerging trends in the mobile phone, tablet, and connectivity markets, and how will they impact the current ecosystem?
- What are the fastest-growing opportunities and emerging trends in the NAND, DRAM, and mobile memory markets?
- How will WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC, and other connectivity and cellular technologies be leveraged to address the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity?
Avago Technologies Holdings B.V., Broadcom Corporation, CIRRUS LOGIC, INC., Dialog Semiconductor GmbH, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, Maxim Integrated Products Netherlands B.V., MediaTek Inc., Micron Technology, Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., NVIDIA Corporation, QUALCOMM Incorporated, Renesas Electronics Corporation, SEQUANS COMMUNICATIONS INC., SK Hynix Inc., Samsung, SanDisk Corporation, Sierra Wireless, Inc., Skyworks Solutions, Inc., Spreadtrum Communications, Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Toshiba Corporation, ZTE Corporation