IDC's Semiconductors and Enabling Technologies: Mobile and Connectivity service offers market sizing and vendor share analysis for key chip segments within the wireless (2G, 2.5G, 3G, 3.5G, and 4G cellular; WLAN; Bluetooth; and other connectivity) and memory (NAND and DRAM) markets. IDC focuses on providing tactical and strategic perspectives to improve companies' visibility in this dynamic market. This service is a key resource to help guide clients through transitions in technologies and to clarify opportunities within key segments of the wireless communications and memory market.
- 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 3.5G, and 4G cellular chip technologies
- Smartphone, high-end phone, midrange phone, and entry-level phone semiconductors
- WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile TV, NFC, and other connectivity technologies
- Mobile phone BOM costs and chip pricing trends, forecasts, and analysis
- Memory (NAND and DRAM) demand and supply trends across all devices, including mobile phones
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Semiconductor Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Subsystem (Baseband, Application Processor, RF, and Connectivity) Market Shares
- Worldwide NAND Flash Demand and Supply
- Worldwide DRAM Flash Demand and Supply
- Worldwide NAND and DRAM Market Share
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Memory Semiconductor Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the fastest-growing semiconductor opportunities in the mobile phone semiconductor markets?
- Who are the semiconductor market share leaders in the mobile phone semiconductor market, and who is best positioned for the future?
- What are the primary trends in the mobile phone semiconductor, connectivity, and M2M markets?
- What are the emerging trends in the mobile phone and connectivity markets, and how will they impact the current ecosystem?
- What are the fastest-growing opportunities and emerging trends in the NAND, DRAM, and mobile memory markets?
- How will WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC, and other connectivity and cellular technologies be leveraged to address the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity?
IDC's Semiconductors and Enabling Technologies: Mobile and Connectivity service examines how chip vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the wireless system markets. The service analyzes the product strategies, competitive positioning, and future direction of major semiconductor vendors, including:
Altair, Anadigics, Analog Devices, Anyka, ARM, Atheros, Atmel, Avago, Beceem, Broadcom, CEVA, Chipnuts, Comsys, Conexant, CoreLogic, CSR-SIRF, Cypress, Datang, Dialog, Freescale, Fujitsu, GCT, Infineon, Intel, Lime, Linear Tech, LSI Logic, Marvell, Matsushita, Maxim, Mediatek, MIPS, MtekVision, Murata, National, NEC, NVIDIA, Oki, PicoChip, QUALCOMM, Ralink, RDA Micro, Realtek, Redpine, Renesas, RF Micro Devices, Rohm, Samsung, Sanyo, Sequans, Sharp, SiGe, Silicon Labs, Skyworks, Sony, Spreadtrum, ST-Ericsson, TeleCIS, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, TriQuint, Vimicro, Wavesat, Wolfson, Yamaha, and Zoran.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.