Broadband bandwidth capabilities are the building block for an increasing array of new services. Everything from streaming video and emerging telepresence to emerging cloud software services rely on robust broadband networks. Broadband is also a flashpoint for regulatory issues ranging from stimulus funding, smart cities, and open access to structural separation. IDC's Global Broadband Subscriber and Bandwidth Trends research tracks and projects the global market opportunity for broadband services and provides a quarterly perspective of the top global broadband service providers. The service also provides a detailed measurement and forecast of the growth of global IP traffic and assesses upstream and downstream bandwidth capabilities for the four major global geographic regions.
- Broadband subscribers and services revenue
- Top 50 global broadband provider statistics
- Global IP traffic measurement by region
- Upstream and downstream bandwidth capabilities
- Global Broadband Services Forecast
- Mobile and Fixed-Line Global IP Traffic Forecast
- Global Broadband Satisfaction Survey Analysis
- Global Broadband Provider Quarterly Telecom Trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the size and growth of the global broadband market? What technologies are being used to deliver fixed broadband services?
- How much fixed and mobile IP broadband traffic is there, and how quickly is traffic expanding? What applications are driving the growth?
- Which countries have the highest level of broadband satisfaction?
- Which companies are the top broadband providers by subscribers? What are their quarterly net additions or losses?
This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of key players in the global broadband services market, including:
Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, BT, CenturyLink-Qwest, China Telecom, China Unicom, Cisco, Comcast, Deutsche Telekom, Ericsson, France Telecom, Global Crossing, Google, HP, IBM, Intel, KT, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia Siemens, NTT, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Telecom Italia, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success — resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.