IDC's Worldwide Datacenter Network QView provides a comprehensive quantitative view of leading datacenter networking technologies. Specifically, this QView provides quarterly datacenter network revenue based on IDC's research into the following markets: Layer 2–3 switches, Layer 4–7 switches (application delivery controllers), Fibre Channel switches, InfiniBand switches, and WAN optimization. The data leverages IDC's datacenter networking qualitative and quantitative expertise to quantify by quarter technology spending in the datacenter. The technology forecasts developed for this QView take into consideration IDC's global expertise on key datacenter infrastructure trends.
The Worldwide Datacenter Network QView service provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this QView is in factory revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Layer 2–3 switches
- Application delivery controllers (Layer 4–7 switches)
- WAN optimization
- InfiniBand switches
- Fibre Channel switches
- Deployment: Enterprise and service provider
- Ethernet switching by speed: Revenue and ports
- Ethernet switching by form factor: Revenue and ports
- Worldwide with U.S. and rest of world split
This service is delivered on a quarterly basis via idc.com in an Excel pivot table format. The delivery schedule for this QView is as follows:
- Within 12 weeks after the close of each calendar year quarter, clients receive an updated Excel pivot table.
- An annual subscription includes current quarter estimates and historical sizing from 1Q08 to the current quarter.
- An annual subscription includes the datacenter network five-year forecast updated quarterly.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided by IDC’s Worldwide Datacenter Networks Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS).