Spending on software licenses and maintenance continues to grow rapidly in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa as organizations strive to expand IT usage in order to support growing business needs in a fast-growing market. In addition, African consumers are rapidly adopting IT devices and applications. This presents significant opportunities and challenges for software vendors and their channels. IDC's Africa (excluding North Africa) Software Market Opportunity research service offers quantitative and qualitative information and analysis of the software technologies shaping the markets of Sub-Saharan and Southern Africa, covering software categories such as enterprise applications, business analytics, security, storage, and others, and providing data and insights on software license and maintenance market size, software vendor shares, future outlook, impact of trends and developments, event proceedings, and so on.
- Market impact of emerging software technologies
- Key drivers and inhibitors for software spending
- Software vendor strategies
- User trends and perceptions
Insights into software technology submarkets such as:
- Enterprise application software — ERM, CRM, SCM
- Business analytics
- Content management
- Collaboration software (e.g., unified communication)
- Security software
- Storage software
- System and network management software
- Africa Software Market Predictions 2013
- Africa Business Analytics Software Market 2013–2017 Forecast
- South Africa Enterprise Application Software Market Forecast and Vendor shares
- South Africa Security Software Market Forecast and Vendor shares
- Sub-Saharan Africa Enterprise Application Software Market Forecast
- Sub-Saharan Africa Security Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What software technologies offer significant opportunities for vendors and channels and what challenges should they prepare for?
- What are the key trends and developments and in what ways will they impact software usage and spending?
- How do software market trends vary across the countries (e.g., South Africa vs. Sub-Saharan Africa)?
- What is the competitive position of vendors in the market (vendor shares, strategies)?
- What strategies can vendors adopt to tap into software market opportunities in Africa?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the African software market, including:
Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, IBM, Symantec, HP, McAfee, and EMC.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success - resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.