Virtualization is widely used in today's datacenters, and client virtualization is the next step, especially as consumerization of new products like media tablets and smartphones (as well as the bring-your-own-device initiatives) brings security and management to the forefront of the IT manager. IDC's Asia/Pacific Client Virtualization explores the market for delivery and management of virtualized desktop resources in the Asia/Pacific region, including market sizing, user surveys, and technology case studies for vendors and users.
- Operating system virtualization
- Virtualized client computing
- Desktop virtualization
- Application virtualization
- User session virtualization
- Hosted/cloud services
- Vendors, partners, and service providers
- Asia/Pacific Client Virtualization Market Analysis and Forecast, 2014–2018
- Asia/Pacific Client Virtualization User Survey, 2014
- Asia/Pacific Client Virtualization Case Studies
- BYOD Trends
- Client Virtualization Ecosystem
- Asia/Pacific Client Virtualization Technology Showcase
- Emerging Technologies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Who are the movers and shakers in client virtualization (including local providers in the Asia/Pacific region), and how are they empowering customers to adopt cloud computing?
- What is the Asia/Pacific market size and five-year forecast for client virtualization software vendor revenue?
- What are the use cases for client virtualization (particularly in the Asia/Pacific region), and how are those use cases impacting revenue and market growth?
- What are some of the core technological trends and service models gaining ground in Asia/Pacific?
- How are trends like bring your own PC, smartphones, and tablets changing the landscape and opportunities for client virtualization?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in client virtualization, including:
Citrix, Dell, HP, Huawei, Microsoft, NComputing, VMware, and others.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.