IDC's Asia/Pacific Datacenter Markets: Infrastructure and IT Services provides insights into the dynamics of the datacenter market, covering hardware, software and facilities in the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) or APEJ region to help vendors gain a better understanding of the fast-moving landscape. This service encapsulates the characteristics of the entire datacenter infrastructure market through rigorous research into three broad topics — facilities, infrastructure, and the impact of cloud architectures.
- Infrastructure trends in the areas of servers, storage, networking, and infrastructure software such as virtualization, and systems and network management
- Facilities trends such as power and cooling issues
- Impact of new and emerging technologies like software defined networking, storage and datacenter
- Datacenter security issues
- The impact of cloud computing on datacenter development
- Infrastructure Trends of Asia/Pacific Datacenters
- Asia/Pacific Datacenter Index and Analysis of the Competitiveness of Asia/Pacific Markets
- Datacenter Market Analysis and Forecast
- Facilities Challenges in Asia/Pacific Datacenters
- Moving to Cloud
- Uptake of "Software Defined" Technologies in the APEJ Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the size of the total datacenter opportunity in Asia/Pacific?
- What is the impact of cloud computing on datacenters in Asia/Pacific?
- What are the main challenges that datacenter managers face to meet the demands of their businesses?
- What are the maturity levels of datacenters across Asia/Pacific?
- What are the storage systems used in Asia/Pacific datacenters?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the datacenter infrastructure market, including:
BMC, CA, Cisco, Dell, Digital Realty Trust, EMC, Emerson, Fujitsu, HDS, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NEC, Oracle, Red Hat, Schneider Electric, SoftLayer, VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.