"Big Data software" describes a new generation of software and architectures designed to economically extract value from very large volumes of a wide variety of data by enabling high-velocity capture, discovery, and/or analysis. IDC's Big Data: Hadoop, MapReduce Adoption Patterns will provide customers with an early view into the emerging market landscape of Big Data software, focusing on Hadoop, MapReduce, and related technologies for both data and content. It will also help answer the question of how quickly Hadoop, MapReduce, and related Big Data software will be adopted, how many users are already touching Hadoop today, what the use cases are from buyers, what their decision criteria are for purchasing, and what is being demanded in terms of functionality by buyers.
- Issues surrounding processing of large data volumes
- "Sweet spot" use cases for Hadoop and related technologies
- Evaluation of both demand and supply-side trends
- Unified information access and analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data and content using Hadoop and related technologies
- Unstructured information from multiple sources at high volume in real time
- Applications built on the Hadoop platform
- Administration, development, and deployment tools for Hadoop-based solutions
- Integration of Hadoop environments with other Big Data software
- Hadoop and MapReduce Ecosystem Software Market Size and Forecast
- Hadoop and MapReduce Software Competitive Landscape — focused on vendors supplying solutions for commercialization of Hadoop
- Commercial Opportunities in the Hadoop, MapReduce Market: Augmenting Information Management, Business Analytics, Content Analytics, and Search and Discovery Software
- Hadoop, MapReduce Tools, and Applications Vendor Profiles
- End-user survey on Hadoop and MapReduce adoption and challenges
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Where are Hadoop and MapReduce on the life-cycle curve; how quickly will they be adopted?
- When will commercial traction of Hadoop be realized?
- What are the buyer use cases for Hadoop and MapReduce?
- How are vendors using Hadoop and MapReduce to handle unstructured information, which is 80% of Big Data?
- How are customers making decisions about purchasing Hadoop and MapReduce? What is the functionality required? What are the buyer decision patterns?
- What applications and tools are sitting on top of Hadoop and other Big Data applications?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Big Data software market including:
1010data, Accenture, Amazon Web Services, Appistry, Attensity, Cascading, Cloudera, CloudStore, Concurrent, Datameer, DataStax, Deloitte, EMC Greenplum, Fujitsu, Fuzzy Logix, Google, Hadapt, Hitachi America, HP Services Ltd., HStreaming, IBM, Informatica, Karmasphere, MapR, Microsoft, NetApp, Oozie, Oracle, ParAccel, Pentaho, Pervasive Software, Platfora, Platform Computing, Quest Software, SAP, SAS Institute, SnapLogic, Syncsort, Talend, Teradata, Yahoo! — Hortonworks, and Zettaset.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success - resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.