IDC's India Vertical Markets service delivers relevant, accurate, and insightful analysis across multiple technology and business disciplines, covering key growth verticals like BFSI, manufacturing, retail, energy, and healthcare. By assessing the business drivers unique to the Indian market and the related technology enablers, this service helps clients better understand, target, and focus on the key IT opportunities in India's leading vertical services industries. This advisory service examines the strategies organizations are using across emerging technologies, core systems, enterprise applications, and infrastructure technologies, providing a steady stream of insights, analysis, and advice throughout the year.
- Intersection of 3rd Platform with industries
- Innovation accelerators such as IoT, robotics, and analytics and areas of opportunities within the verticals
- IT India vertical spending and analysis
- Payment strategies: This will cover emerging trends in payments such as mobile and alternative payments
- Digital transformation strategies for banks and financial institutes
- Insurance barometer: Strategic priorities and investment patterns
- Manufacturing barometers: Strategic priorities and investment patterns
- Retail barometer: Strategic priorities and investment patterns
- Connected manufacturing and market opportunities around SLM, IOT, and after sales
- Digital health strategies: Opportunities and disruptions
- Education markets: ICT priorities and investments in the ERA of 3rd Platform
- India Smart Cities: Strategies and investment patterns
- APEJ End-User Cloud Survey
- IDC Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Survey
- MOBILITY Survey
- Worldwide Black Book Query Tool
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Reports on IT rends from Region and Worldwide
- Vendor Briefings and CIO Analyst Drive Discussions
- APEJ Big Data and Analytics Survey
- Vertical-Level Barometer Surveys
- Worldwide IoT Survey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the unique dynamics within the leading Indian sectors (like manufacturing and financial), and how will they impact the industry in the future?
- How do IT vendors keep track of business requirements from vertical and plan their investment and resources accordingly?
- What are the current and emerging strategic business priorities of the Indian financial, manufacturing, retail, energy, and healthcare sectors?
- Which technologies and services are being used by leading players across verticals?
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Fortis Healthcare Limited, HDFC Bank Limited, Hero MotoCorp Limited, ICICI Bank Limited, KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LIMITED, METLIFE, INC., Max Life Insurance Company Limited, YES BANK Limited