IDC Government Insights' China Government Industry Strategies focuses on one of the most lucrative markets and also one of the most vibrant business environments to establish a successful foothold. Governments of different levels in China have continually set out bold egovernment and Smart City–related initiatives, such as transportation, public security, water, and education, to ensure the strategic sustainability of their economies. This service provides the IT community with an in-depth understanding of the IT spending trends occurring across central and local governments, as well as by different IT categories. It delivers thought leadership, timely market sizing, and guidance for grasping current and emerging opportunities.
This service leverages upon the primary research capability and available secondary research within IDC Government Insights on the China public sector IT technologies and trends. Our research is highly customized, with information acquired through IDC Government Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, government CIOs, line-of-business executives, and IT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work closely with aforementioned stakeholders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- China government industry IT solution market and competitive landscape in 2015, and the dynamics and forecasts on its IT application solutions segments over 2015 to 2019
- China Smart City IT solution market and competitive landscape in 2015, and the dynamics and forecasts on its IT application solutions segments over 2015 to 2019
- Analysis of government industry and its development trends in the IT market, and give out top 10 predictions for 2015
- Research of Chinese Smart City business model innovation, introduces the application of all kinds of business model in different industry, and suggests business model to vendors and end users
- Development of China's ecological Smart City status quo, ecological rules, the main participants in the market, and the impact of the industry's future development trend
- IDC's insights into the current development status, characteristics, and layout of Smart Cities in China, focusing on analyzing the selection methods, indexing systems, and score ranking for China's 100 smart cities
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the characteristics of successful IT vendors and government-focused ISVs in China?
- What are the central/local government IT spending trends in China?
- Which cities are evolving and implementing Smart City strategies by rationalizing and leveraging existing infrastructure and "smart" technologies across priority government operations and programs?
- What are the latest trends in government IT usage and adoption?
- Which policies are shaping government IT spending?
- Which innovative technology initiatives are causing significant shifts in the ways local and regional governments conduct business? How can a technology investment portfolio be optimized for maximum mission value?
This service is ideally suited to support IT vendors and government IT promotion agencies targeting the China government market. Industry-specific software providers and systems integrators will find this service valuable in gaining insights into the needs and investment trends of the public sectors in China. Public sector officials, including CIOs, senior IT managers, and senior line-of-business managers seeking insights and guidance on how to optimize IT investments for business transformation use our service. In addition, technology vendors seeking insights and guidance on how to develop significant value-added business strategies to influence technology market opportunities and partner with government officials to address challenges within the public sector also use this service.
- Create partnering strategies with government organizations
- Better understanding of government organizations to take advantage of commercial best practices in solving public sector business problems
- Design and implement more effective citizen services and measure citizen satisfaction
- Improve IT value to government business processes through more effective measurement and reporting tools
- Consolidate infrastructure and reduce operational costs
- Improve IT value to government business processes through effective measurement and reporting tools
- Understanding of program and risk management challenges unique to government and how to create solutions such as effective partnering strategies
IDC Government Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area (some restrictions apply)
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-gi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Government Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; Global IT Advisor (GITA) — a flexible, cross-disciplinary research service providing granularity in market information and analysis across a wide range of technology areas; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. IDC Government Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.