IDC Government Insights' China Government Industry Strategies focuses on one of the most lucrative markets and also one of the most vibrant business environments to establish a successful foothold. Governments of different levels in China have continually set out bold egovernment and Smart City–related initiatives, such as transportation, public security, water, and education, to ensure the strategic sustainability of their economies. This service provides the IT community with an in-depth understanding of the IT spending trends occurring across central and local governments, as well as by different IT categories. It delivers thought leadership, timely market sizing, and guidance for grasping current and emerging opportunities.
This service leverages upon the primary research capability and available secondary research within IDC Government Insights on the China public sector IT technologies and trends. Our research is highly customized, with information acquired through IDC Government Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, government CIOs, line-of-business executives, and IT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work closely with aforementioned stakeholders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- China government industry IT solution market and competitive landscape in 2015 and the dynamics and forecasts on its IT application solutions segments from 2015 to 2019
- China Smart City IT solution market and competitive landscape in 2015 and the dynamics and forecasts on its IT application solutions segments from 2015 to 2019
- Analysis of government industry and its development trends in the IT market and our top 10 predictions for 2015
- Research of Chinese Smart City business model innovation, introduces the application of all kinds of business model in different industry, and suggests business model to vendors and end users
- Development of China's ecological Smart City status quo, ecological rules, the main participants in the market, and the impact of the industry's future development trend
- IDC's insights into the current development status, characteristics, and layout of Smart Cities in China, focusing on analyzing the selection methods, indexing systems, and score ranking for China's 100 Smart Cities
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the characteristics of successful IT vendors and government-focused ISVs in China?
- What are the central/local government IT spending trends in China?
- Which cities are evolving and implementing Smart City strategies by rationalizing and leveraging existing infrastructure and "smart" technologies across priority government operations and programs?
- What are the latest trends in government IT usage and adoption?
- Which policies are shaping government IT spending?
- Which innovative technology initiatives are causing significant shifts in the ways local and regional governments conduct business? How can a technology investment portfolio be optimized for maximum mission value?
This service is ideally suited to support IT vendors and government IT promotion agencies targeting the China government market. Industry-specific software providers and systems integrators will find this service valuable in gaining insights into the needs and investment trends of the public sectors in China. Public sector officials, including CIOs, senior IT managers, and senior line-of-business managers seeking insights and guidance on how to optimize IT investments for business transformation, use our service. In addition, technology vendors seeking insights and guidance on how to develop significant value-added business strategies to influence technology market opportunities and partner with government officials to address challenges within the public sector also use this service.