Driven by the stable growth of the datacenter services market, the demand for datacenter infrastructure and equipment/facilities has been increasing. Consolidation of small datacenters is driving the demand for large-scale integrated datacenter facilities. A major challenge facing datacenters today is the rising cost of power and cooling driven by higher server densities and heat generation resulting from server consolidation and virtualization of the user's IT systems. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facilities and Strategies provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends, vendor strategies, and forecasts for major markets of datacenter facilities.
- Datacenter facilities market size by type of facility
- End-user spending on datacenter facilities
- Datacenter cooling facilities and UPS markets
- End-user trends and challenges on building/management of datacenter facilities
- Japan Datacenter Infrastructure Market Size Forecast and Analysis
- Japan Datacenter Infrastructure End-User Investment Trends and Analysis (a survey)
- Japan Datacenter Facilities Design and Optimization Market Size: Forecast and Analysis
- Japan Datacenter Equipment and Facilities Market Forecast and Analysis: UPS and Cooling Systems
- Japan Datacenter Power Consumption Trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the market size of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by in-house and outsourcing datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- What is the market size of datacenter facilities design and optimization services provided by IT services providers?
- What is the approximate spending for cooling and power supplies for in-house and outsourced datacenters?
- How much power is consumed at datacenters in Japan? What is the forecast over the next five years?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the Japan datacenter facilities and strategies market, including:
Emerson, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Kajima, Mitsubishi Electric, NEC, Nippon Steel Sumikin Engineering, NTT Facilities, Obayashi, Schneider Electric, Shimizu, Taisei, and Takenaka.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.