The rising number of mega datacenters and higher integration of IT infrastructure present a challenge to DC managers with respect to higher-power density and heat generation within server rooms. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility Trends and Strategies is focused on these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends, vendor strategies, and forecasts for major markets. In 2015, the program is designed to cover more topics on DC management as well as DC investment. The program will also cover IT infrastructure services delivered to DCs.
- Datacenter census
- End-user spending on datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- Datacenter transformation consulting and implementation market
- End-user trends and challenges on building/management of datacenter facilities
- Japan Datacenter Census: Sites and Buildout
- Japan Datacenter Infrastructure Market
- Japan Datacenter Manager Survey
- Japan Datacenter Transformation Consulting and Implementation Market
- Japan Datacenter Opex Study
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the size of user spending in datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by in-house and outsourcing datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- What is the market size of datacenter facilities transformation consulting and implementation services?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What is the average cost of managing datacenters, such as power and facility/IT management?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Japan datacenter facilities and strategies, including:
Emerson, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Kajima, Mitsubishi Electric, NEC, Nippon Steel Sumikin Engineering, NTT Facilities, Obayashi, Schneider Electric, Shimizu, Taisei, and Takenaka.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.