The rising number of mega datacenters and higher integration of IT infrastructure present a challenge to DC managers with respect to higher-power density and heat generation within server rooms. IDC's Japan Datacenter Facility Trends and Strategies is focused on these critical issues in the DC facility (such as UPS, cooling, and building) and provides an in-depth analysis of end-user trends, vendor strategies, and forecasts for major markets. In 2016, the scope is extended to cover the impact of the 3rd Platform on DC facility market.
- Datacenter census
- End-user spending on new builds of datacenter facilities (including UPS and cooling systems)
- End-user spending on DC facility maintenance
- Impact of 3rd Platform on DC facility market, including hyperscale datacenters in Japan
- Japan Datacenter Census: sites and buildout
- Japan datacenter facility market: new builds
- Japan Datacenter Manager Survey
- Impact of 3rd Platform on Japan datacenter facility market
- IDC MaturityScape Japan datacenter facility
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the size of user spending in new builds of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What is the size of user spending in maintenance of datacenter facilities in Japan?
- What challenges are faced by enterprise and commercial datacenters with respect to datacenter facilities design and management?
- How many DCs are run in Japan? What is their size distribution? What will these numbers be in five years?
- What is the impact of 3rd platform on DC facility market? How many "hyperscale DCs" are there in Japan to support 3rd Platform–based services?
Emerson Electric Co., HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, KAJIMA CORPORATION, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, Nippon Steel Corporation, OBAYASHI CORPORATION, Schneider Electric SA, Shimizu Corporation, Taisei Corporation, Takenaka Corporation