IDC's Database Management and Data Integration Software service presents a strategic view of IT information management strategies and approaches. Through this research, product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals gain essential market intelligence on database management system (DBMS), data integration software, master data management (MDM) software, and database administration (DBA) tools and utilities.
- Enterprise database management systems
- Data integration software and its role in business intelligence, master data management, and data governance
- Tools and utilities for database development, tuning, and maintenance
- Memory-based DBMS vendors and products and the rise of memory-based technology in mainstream RDBMS
- The embedded DBMS channel and its growing significance
- Data quality, data replication, and extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools
- Big Data–related products and vendors, supporting both MapReduce/Hadoop and other Big Data areas such as graph database
- Challenges and opportunities for data management in cloud computing, open source software, and others
- Database Tools and Data Integration Software Forecast and Analysis
- Relational and Nonrelational DBMS Competitive Analyses and Forecasts
- Segmented Analyses and Forecasts for Data Integration and Database Development and Management Software
- License Sales Forecast and Analysis by Platform: The Top 10
- Embedded DBMS Forecast and Analysis
- Data Integration and Database Tool Software Forecast and Analysis
- Emerging DBMS Technologies, Including IMDB and NewSQL
- Master Data Management Software Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the emerging trends that will provide competitive opportunities for DBMS vendors?
- How mature is the EIM movement, and how will it impact data integration software?
- How will open source DBMS products and alternative cloud-based data management services affect the DBMS and DBA tools markets?
- What are key data integration market segments?
- What technologies and business practices are needed to succeed in the embedded DBMS market?
- Who is leading, who is emerging, and who is challenging in the Big Data space, including graph DBMS, MapReduce/Hadoop, and in the areas of data integration?
- What impact will memory-optimized technology have on DBMS markets going forward?
IDC's Database Management and Data Integration Software service examines the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of major vendors in the database management and data integration software market, including:
Actian, BMC, Bradmark, CA Technologies, Couchbase, Compuware, Embarcadero, EMC (Greenplum), EnterpriseDB, ETI, Experian QAS, Hitachi, HP (Vertica), IBM, Informatica, InterSystems, iWay Software (subsidiary of IBI), MarkLogic, MetaMatrix (subsidiary of Red Hat), Microsoft, Neo Technology, Objectivity, Oracle (including MySQL), Pervasive, Pitney Bowes, Quest, SAP, SAS, SchemaLogic, Software AG, Talend, Teradata, TIBCO, Vision Solutions, and VoltDB.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.