IDC's Application Life-Cycle Management service provides insight to improve business and IT alignment via end-to-end life-cycle and DevOps strategies, including IT portfolio management systems, software quality metrics, testing and verification tools, software change and configuration, requirements, and agile and continuous release processes. Application development groups also help ensure regulatory compliance and security, address licensing issues (e.g., cloud, SaaS, and open source), and help ALM and software asset deployment from development to operations and reuse in a world that encompasses cloud, mobile, social business, services, composite and embedded apps, virtualization, complex sourcing, and enterprise PPM solutions.
- Software life-cycle process, requirements, and configuration management and collaboration, agile development and projects
- Software quality, including mobile, cloud, and embedded strategies
- Project and portfolio management (PPM) software trends and strategies
- IT project and portfolio management software
- Developer, business, and operations trends
- DevOps and governance solutions to align complex deployment, financial management, infrastructure, and business priorities
- Trends in software configuration management (SCM), including connecting business to IT via requirements management and Web services demands on agile life-cycle management solutions
- Automated software quality (ASQ) tools evolution: hosted testing, Web services and cloud testing, service virtualization, vulnerability and risk and value-based testing, and other emerging technologies (e.g., mobile, analysis, and metrics)
- Trends in collaborative software development with social media
- Application Life-Cycle Management Forecasts and Analyses
- Software Configuration Management Forecasts and Analyses
- IDC MarketScapes — IT PPM, Cloud PPM, Agile PPM, Enterprise ASQ, and Mobile Testing
- Automated Software Quality Forecasts and Analyses
- Project and Portfolio Management, IT Project Portfolio Management, Agile ALM, Requirements, and Quality Analysis/Security
- Cloud Testing and ALM and PPM SaaS and Cloud Trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How should demands for quality and adaptability be addressed across platforms and business needs (mobile, embedded, etc.)?
- What does agile and service emergence mean for businesses?
- What is the impact of emerging trends for "DevOps," complex sourcing, open source, "smarter" products, social media, SaaS, and cloud for ALM and full life-cycle management?
- How should companies respond to dynamically changing business demands for IT reinvestment, integrated life-cycle management evolution, volatility, and economic pressures?
- What are the key components and core strategies for successful IT governance of ALM with dramatically changing deployment and quality/security needs for mobile, cloud, and emerging platforms?
AXURE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS INC., AppDynamics Inc., AtTask, Inc., Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd, Autodesk, Inc., BLUEPRINT TECHNOLOGIES, INC., BMC Software, Inc., Big Lever, Black Duck Software, Inc., CA Technologies, CIGITAL INC, COLLABNET, INC., COVERITY INC, Cisco Systems, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Compuware Corporation, DELTEK, INC., Dassault Systemes S.A., Dynatrace LLC., EMPIRIX INC., Epicor Software Corporation, Euclid, GenSight, Gorilla Logic, Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM, INTELLICORP, INC., Infostretch, Infosys Limited, Innotas, Inc., KOVAIR INC, Klocwork, Inc , MICROFOCUS GROUP, McCabe & Associates, Metier, Microsoft Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, New Relic, Inc., OpenMake, Opscode, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PALAMIDA INC, POWERSTEERING SOFTWARE, INC., PTC, Inc., Parasoft, Patni Computer Systems Ltd, Perfecto Mobile Ltd., Perforce Software, Inc., Planisware, Planview, Inc., Polarion Software, Quest, RADVIEW SOFTWARE LTD, Rally Software Development Corp., Revelation, Riverbed Technology, Inc., SIGMAFLOW, Sciforma Corporation, Seapine Software Inc, Serena Software, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Siemens AG, Skytap, Inc., SmartBear Software, Inc., Synopsys, Inc., THOUGHTWORKS, INC., Tasktop, Tata Group, UTEST INC., VISIBLE SYSTEMS CORP, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., VersionOne, WORKSOFT INC, Wipro Limited, Xamarin, iRise Incorporated, rPath Inc
Program Director, Application Life-Cycle Management & Executive Strategies