IDC's Agile Application Life-Cycle, Quality and Portfolio Strategies service provides insight into how business and IT alignment can be improved through end-to-end application life-cycle and DevOps strategies including IT portfolio management, software quality metrics, testing and verification tools, software change and configuration, and agile- and continuous-release processes. Application development and executive teams will learn how products and organizational and process transitions can help address regulatory compliance, security, and licensing issues covering cloud, SaaS, and open source software. This research also analyzes trends related to application life-cycle management and software asset deployment from development to operations and reuse, with deployment to classic datacenter environments, cloud, and mobile, with applications that leverage social business, composite and embedded apps, virtualization, complex sourcing, and enterprise project and portfolio management (PPM) solutions.
- Software life-cycle process, requirements, configuration management and collaboration, and agile development and projects
- Software quality, including mobile, cloud, and embedded strategies
- PPM software trends and strategies
- IT project and portfolio management software
- Developer, business, and operations trends
- Tools enabling DevOps and governance solutions to align complex deployment, financial management, infrastructure, and business priorities
- Trends in software configuration management (SCM), including connecting business to IT via requirements management and web services demands on agile life-cycle management solutions
- Automated software quality (ASQ) tools evolution: hosted testing, web services, API and cloud testing, service virtualization, vulnerability and risk and value-based testing, and other emerging technologies (e.g., mobile, analysis, and metrics)
- Trends in collaborative software development with social media
- Application Life-Cycle Management Forecasts and Analyses
- Software Configuration Management Forecasts and Analyses
- IDC MarketScapes — IT PPM, Cloud PPM, Agile PPM, Enterprise ASQ, and Mobile Testing
- Automated Software Quality Forecasts and Analyses
- Project and Portfolio Management, IT Project Portfolio Management, Agile ALM, Requirements, and Quality Analysis/Security
- Cloud Testing and ALM and PPM SaaS and Cloud Trends
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How should demands for quality and adaptability be addressed across platforms and business needs (mobile, embedded, etc.)?
- What does agile and service emergence mean for businesses?
- What is the impact of emerging trends for "DevOps," complex sourcing, open source, "smarter" products, social media, SaaS, and cloud for ALM and full life-cycle management?
- How should companies respond to dynamically changing business demands for IT reinvestment, integrated life-cycle management evolution, volatility, and economic pressures?
- What are the key components and core strategies for successful IT governance of ALM with dramatically changing deployment and quality/security needs for mobile, cloud, and emerging platforms?
AXURE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS INC., AppDynamics, Inc., Atlassian, Autodesk, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Big Lever, Black Duck Software, Inc., Blueprint Software Systems Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CAST SA, CIGITAL INC, COLLABNET, INC., COVERITY INC, Changepoint Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dassault Systemes S.A., Deltek, Inc., Digite, Dynatrace LLC., EMPIRIX INC., EXPERT CHOICE INC, Electric Cloud, Inc., Epicor Software Corporation, Euclid, GOOD SOFTWARE CORP., GenSight, Gorilla Logic, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, INTELLICORP, INC., Infostretch, Infosys Limited, Innotas, Inc., Jaczone, KOVAIR INC, Klockwork Inc., Lean Kit, MERIDIEN FINANCIAL GROUP INC, McCabe Software Inc, Metier, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, New Relic, Inc., ORCA ENERGY LIMITED, OpenMake, Opscode, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PALAMIDA INC, POWERSTEERING SOFTWARE, INC., PTC, Inc., Parasoft, Patni Computer Systems GmbH, Perfecto Mobile Ltd., Perforce Software, Inc., Planisware, Inc., Planview, Inc., Polarion Software, Inc., Quest, RADVIEW SOFTWARE LTD, ROBBINS-GIOIA LLC, Reasoning, Revelation, Riverbed Technology, Inc., Rogue Wave Software, Inc., SAP AG, SECURITY INNOVATION INC, SHUNRA SOFTWARE LTD, SIGMAFLOW, SOASTA, Inc., Sauce Labs Inc, Sciforma Corporation, Seapine Software Inc, Serena Software, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Siemens AG, Skytap, Inc., Smart Bear, Software Engineering Institute, SonarSource S.A, Synopsis Consulting S.r.l., Synopsys, Inc., THOUGHTWORKS, INC., TRICENTIS Technology & Consulting GmbH, Tasktop, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Troux Technologies, Inc, UMT Consulting, UTEST INC., VISIBLE SYSTEMS CORP, VMware, Inc., Veracode, Inc., VersionOne, Inc., WORKSOFT INC, Wipro Limited, Xamarin Inc., ZAP, eProject Inc, froglogic GmbH., iRise, Inc., rPath Inc