IDC's Asia/Pacific Big Data and Analytics research examines the key market trends, competitive landscape, technologies, and end-user buying behavior from an IT and LOB standpoint. The research is focused on the areas of Big Data — which is a new generation of software and architectures designed to economically extract value from very large volumes of a wide variety of data by enabling high-velocity capture, discovery, and/or analysis — and business analytics (BA). BA includes data warehousing, analytics applications, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. This research provides quantitative data and qualitative insights and helps customers identify key areas of growth by country, maturity, and functional and vertical markets, by combining supply and demand perspectives.
- Big Data supply and demand trends, use cases, and solutions:
- Software: Data organization and management analytics and discovery, and decision support and automation software
- Infrastructure: External storage, servers, and networking
- Services: Business consulting, BPO, IT project–based services, IT outsourcing, IT support, and training services
- BA supply and demand trends, use cases, and solutions:
- Business intelligence and advanced analytics
- Data warehousing
- Performance management and analytic applications
- End-user buying behavior trends and expectations
- Competitive analysis of key Big Data and analytics vendors
- Asia/Pacific Big Data and Analytics End-User Research — End-User Research Across 10 Countries in the Region (Trends, Buying Behavior, Key Vendors' Brands and Products, etc.)
- APEJ Big Data and Analytics 2014 Top 10 Predictions
- APEJ Big Data Market Analysis and Forecast, 2013–2017
- APEJ BA Market Analysis and Forecast, 2013–2017
- Key Vendor Profiles for Asia/Pacific
- Big Data/BA Adoption End-User Case Study
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key areas of growth by country and functional and vertical markets for Big Data and BA?
- What are the market shares of the leading vendors in the Big Data and BA market, and what are their key strategies?
- What are IT buyers' priorities, perceptions, and spending plans for Big Data/BA in APEJ, and how can vendors address them?
- How is the Big Data/BA competitive space evolving, and what are the key recommendations for vendors?
- How can end users leverage Big Data? Which are the key buyer use cases in APEJ? Which are the top BA/Big Data appliances?
- How are the new delivery and consumption models like cloud, mobile, and appliances impacting the overall market?
IDC's Asia/Pacific Big Data and Analytics research examines how Big Data and BA providers are positioning themselves to compete in the Asia/Pacific market, in addition to how they are perceived by end users. This program reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Big Data and BA market, including:
Accenture, Actuate, Adobe, Amazon, Cisco, Cloudera, CommVault, Dell, Deloitte, EMC/Pivotal, FICO, Fujitsu, Google, HDS, Hitachi, Hortonworks, HP/Vertica/Autonomy, IBM, Infobright, Infor/Lawson, Informatica, Information Builders, Infosys, Intel, Jaspersoft, Kalido, Kognitio, Mahindra Satyam, MapR, Microsoft, MicroStrategy, NEC, NetApp, Oracle, ParAccel, Pentaho, Progress Software, PWC, QlikTech, Revolution Analytics, SAP, SAS, Splunk, Tableau Software, TCS, Teradata, TIBCO/Spotfire, and Wipro.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.