IDC's Asia/Pacific Big Data and Analytics research examines the key market trends, competitive landscape, technologies, and end-user buying behavior from an IT and LOB standpoint. The research is focused on the areas of Big Data — which is a new generation of software and architectures designed to economically extract value from very large volumes of a wide variety of data by enabling high-velocity capture, discovery, and/or analysis — and business analytics (BA). BA includes data warehousing, analytics applications, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. This research provides quantitative data and qualitative insights and helps customers identify key areas of growth by country, maturity, and functional and vertical markets by combining supply and demand perspectives.
Big Data and analytics supply and demand trends, use cases, best practices, and solutions:
- Big Data and analytics maturity across countries and industries
- Software: Data organization and management analytics and discovery and decision support and automation software
- Infrastructure: External storage, servers, and networking
- Services: Business consulting, BPO, IT project–based services, IT outsourcing, IT support, and training services
- Cognitive computing technologies and platforms, including expert assistance software
- Big Data + technology: Cloud, mobile, and social; industries (e.g., telecom, banking, and retail)
- Asia/Pacific Big Data and Analytics IT Buyer Research: Industry Use Cases, Trends, Drivers/Challenges, Vendors' Mindshare and Purchasing Intentions, and Case Studies
- IDC FutureScape: APEJ Big Data and Analytics 2016 Predictions
- IDC APEJ Big Data and Analytics MaturityScape (Maturity Assessment)
- APEJ Big Data Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015–2019
- APEJ BA Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015–2019
- Key Players and Solutions in Asia/Pacific
- Big Data/BA Adoption IT Buyer Case Studies
- IDC APEJ BDA PeerScape (Best Practices)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key areas of growth by country, industry, and functional markets for Big Data and BA?
- What are the market shares and competitive positioning of the leading vendors?
- What are IT buyers' priorities, challenges, and spending plans for Big Data/BA in APEJ, and how can vendors address them?
- How is the Big Data/BA competitive space evolving, and what are the key recommendations for vendors?
- How can end users leverage Big Data? Which are the key buyer use cases in APEJ? Which are the top solutions?
- How are the new delivery and consumption models like cloud (BdaaS), mobile, and appliances impacting the overall market?
ACTUATE CORPORATION, Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amazon.com, Inc., Avanade Inc, Baidu, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., CommVault Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Deloitte, EMC Corporation, FICO, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., HortonWorks Inc., IBM, INFOBRIGHT INC, Infor, Inc., Informatica Corporation, Infosys Limited, Intel Corporation, Kalido Ltd, Kognitio, Mahindra Group, MicroStrategy Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PARACCEL INC, Pivotal Software, Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Progress Software Corporation, Qlik Technologies Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Splunk Inc., TIBCO Software Inc., Tata Group, Teradata Corporation, Wipro Limited