IDC's United States Mobile Services QView provides a current and historical quantitative analysis of U.S. mobile operators. This product provides a holistic view of the wireless market in the United States, quanitifying current conditions, reconciling historical trends, and offering perspectives on the consumer and business segments. This product tracks industry metrics such as wireless susbcriptions and revenue as well as reviews wireless services for the total market segmented by mobile operator.
This service provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this QView is in subscriptions and revenue.
- Wireless retail subscriptions: postpaid and prepaid
- Retail subscriptions split by consumer and business
- Wireless revenue
- Market share by subscription and services revenue
- Key wireless metrics: net additions, gross additions, and disconnects
- Subscriber churn by segment
- Average revenue per user (ARPU) split by voice and data
- Smartphone penetration
- Connected device subscriptions
- United States
This service is delivered on a quarterly basis in an Excel pivot table. The delivery schedule for this QView is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 8 after period closes
- Quarterly data and insight
- Historical data back to 1Q07