Cloud, mobility, Big Data, and social are the foundation of a new paradigm in IT which IDC calls the 3rd Platform, creating new opportunities for IT to support the business in optimizing or transforming the company. IDC's Nordic Enabling Technologies research focuses on how new technologies enable digital transformation and how companies transition the existing infrastructure to leverage the innovative solutions built on 3rd Platform technologies. It includes market sizing and forecasts, end-user adoption, and ICT vendor strategy analysis.
- Public cloud: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Private cloud infrastructure
- Internet of Things adoption
- Datacenter transformation and hybrid cloud
- Security products and risk management
- Big Data and analytics
- IDC Predictions 2016: Technology Transformation
- Market Analyst Perspective 2016: Technology Transformation
- Quarterly Infrastructure and Cloud Spending Forecaster
- Quarterly ICT Spending Forecast Update
- Public Cloud Market Shares and Forecasts
- Nordic Private Cloud Spending Forecast
- Mobile Device Platform Market Shares
- Security Software Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the Nordic ICT market transforming?
- What is the size of the Nordic public cloud markets?
- Which mobile devices will be used to access enterprise applications?
- What are the adoption and investment plans for Big Data?
- How fast is IT spending shifting to 3rd Platform technologies?
- What do end users see as the pros and cons of cloud solutions?
- What are the adoption and investment plans for social technologies?
- How quickly are new datacenter technologies embraced by enterprises?
- How well are vendors adopting to the transformation?
Amazon.com, Inc., Apple Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, VMware, Inc.