Cloud, mobility, Big Data, and social are the foundation of a new paradigm in IT which IDC calls the 3rd Platform, creating new opportunities for IT to support and bring value to the business. IDC's Nordic Enabling Technologies research focuses on how the infrastructure for the 3rd Platform is built and how companies transition the existing infrastructure to support the innovative solutions of the 3rd Platform. It includes market sizing and forecasts, end-user adoption, and ICT vendor strategy analysis.
- Infrastructure optimization
- Hybrid cloud orchestration
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Private cloud infrastructure
- Mobile devices and the Internet of Things
- Datacenter transformation
- Security products and risk management
- Big Data and analytics
- Social enterprise solutions
- Virtualization and software defined storage and networking
- Public cloud market analysis and forecasts
- Nordic cloud adoption and preferences (survey)
- Nordic private cloud spending forecast
- Big Data adoption and use case analysis (survey)
- Mobile device trends
- Server virtualization and integrated systems analysis and forecast
- Security software and appliances analysis and forecast
- Social business adoption and trends (survey)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the Nordic ICT market transforming?
- What is the size of the Nordic public cloud markets?
- Which mobile devices will be used to access enterprise applications?
- What are the adoption and investment plans for Big Data?
- How fast is IT spending shifting to 3rd Platform technologies?
- What do end users see as the pros and cons of cloud solutions?
- What are the adoption and investment plans for social technologies?
- How quickly are new datacenter technologies embraced by enterprises?
- How well are vendors adopting to the transformation?
IDC's Nordic Enabling Technologies research reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the Nordic ICT market, including:
Amazon, Apple, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, salesforce.com, Samsung, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.