The service provider (SP) landscape in Asia/Pacific is advanced and dynamic. As end users expect service providers to bring innovative products to not only go to market fast but also help them deliver positive business outcomes, operators are extending and diversifying their business to include offerings that go beyond basic telecom services. Ongoing liberalization efforts continue to open up new opportunities in the region, while at the same time, compelling incumbent carriers are becoming more competitive in terms of their service offerings. Network convergence is also blurring the lines among service providers. IDC's Asia/Pacific Service Provider Strategies service offers insights into the business strategies of telecom, TV, ISP, and OTT providers in the APEJ region and an analysis of competitive landscape, profiling and services offering of regional and global service providers. This service looks specifically at the innovative ways SPs are leveraging the 3rd Platform to reach end users.
- Service providers' positioning and strategies
- Telecom network modernization
- Service provider diversification into adjacent areas
- Vendor profiling
- Competitive analysis and positioning of telcos (Asian and global)
- Rise of new service providers due to ecommerce and shared economy services
- Disruption by OTTPs of traditional business segments
- Buyer Conversations
- Telco-Managed Services Strategies
- Telco Cloud Strategies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the telecommunication requirements of telecom providers and their customers?
- What are the strategies of each major and emerging service providers?
- What are the global partnership strategies of major service providers in Asia/Pacific?
- What do enterprises expect of their service providers?
AAPT LIMITED, AT&T Inc., BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED, BT Group plc, BayanTel Communications Inc., Bharti Airtel Limited, CAT LTD, China Telecom Corporation Limited, China Unicom Limited, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd, Corporación Digitel C.A., Daum S.A., EBT MOBILE CHINA LIMITED, EQUANT TELECOMMUNICATIONS SA, Globe Group SA, Hutchinson S.A., KT Corporation, LINE Corporation, MAXIS, INC., Netflix, Inc., Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, SingTel Optus Pty Limited, Softbank Corp., Telstra Corporation Limited, Vodafone Group Plc, WeChat, YOUKU TUDOU INC.
Adjunct Research Director, IDC Asia/Pacific