IDC Predictions 2012: System Infrastructure Software
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time
IDC's System Infrastructure Software team presents its annual Top 10 Predictions Web conference. In this presentation, we will address hot topics such as the rapid advance of private cloud deployments, the impact from the expected release of Windows 8 during 2012, and the prospects for VMware to remain king of the mountain for yet another year.
This Web conference will address the following topics and more:
- Will virtualization and cloud management tools consolidate or diverge?
- What are IDC's expectations for Windows 8 -- where will it be overwhelmingly successful, and where will it not?
- Who will be the "Linux" of the emerging cloud systems market? Eucalyptus? OpenStack? Or something else?
- The emergence of tightly-integrated stacks has again come back into vogue, but will it be embraced by all users?
- What impact will consumerization have on IT management practices, and when will that happen?
- What technology is likely to emerge for smarter system management?
- Jean Bozman, Research Vice President, Enterprise Servers
- Frederick W. Broussard, Research Director, Enterprise System Infrastructure Software
- Gary Chen, Research Manager, Enterprise Virtualization Software
- Al Gillen, Program Vice President, System Software
- Tim Grieser, Program Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software
- Mary Johnston Turner, Research Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software
- Brett Waldman, Senior Research Analyst, System Infrastructure Software
Audio replays of this Web conference are available to all registered participants starting the day after the event.
If you have questions about how to participate in this Web conference, please contact email@example.com.