The Pulse of Outsourcing Q2 2012: IDC's Quarterly Look at Rolling 4-Quarter Deal Signings
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time
When it comes to the outsourcing market, also referred to as managed services, the world of deal making is being challenged like never before. The combination of more players, a turbulent economy, new delivery models, and increasing pressure on customers to do more with less is changing the market for outsourcing deals. These changes involve shifts in key deal metrics such as ACV (annual contract value), average run rate, and average length, as well as changes in where the best opportunities are, whether that be by geography, industry, or deal size. Further, new customer behavior, coupled with the introduction of newer models of delivery, is also helping to mold the structure of outsourcing contracts and the directions they are taking.
By leveraging IDC's BuyerPulse Services Deals Database, the world's largest database of services deals that currently houses more than 37,000 contracts, IDC will provide an analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling 4-quarter view from 2010 to 2012, ending in Q2 2012 (June 30, 2012). IDC will show that success in deal making will require vendors to pursue key markets, incorporate strategic capabilities, and ensure that they are positioned optimally.
In particular, this presentation and discussion of deal signings will highlight the following:
- Where are the best opportunities across key segments, including deal sizes, industries, and outsourcing markets by U.S. and worldwide views that can drive revenue expansion?
- What are strategic trends and directions in key deal metrics, such as TCV (total contract value), average deal lengths, ACV (annual total contract value), and average run rates needed to architect deals?
- Which vendors are winning and which are losing?
- How are customer needs shaping deals and are there disruptive events and factors in the market to which vendors will need to take action to ensure success in winning deals?
- David Tapper, Vice President, Outsourcing and Offshore Services
- Alexander Motsenigos, Vice President, Global Services Markets and Trends
Audio replays of this Web conference are available to all registered participants starting the day after the event.
If you have questions about how to participate in this web conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.