The supply side of the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) datacenter market is undergoing a fundamental shift with significant amounts of funding already being committed to the building or upgrading of facilities — over $2 billion in 2011 alone, with more expected in the next 12–36 months. However, much of this investment has occurred without a truly quantitative assessment of the existing status of the local supply and demand picture. This Australia Datacenter Leadership Series research will take a multipronged analytical approach to provide the most comprehensive view of the supply side of the ANZ datacenter market (predominantly colocation services but also including managed, hosting, and cloud services). The research will include analyst interviews with supply-side datacenter service providers in ANZ and a survey of end-user organizations (SMB and enterprise).
- Managed infrastructure services
- Cloud computing
- Infrastructure (servers, storage, networking)
- Power and cooling
- Datacenter facilities
- ANZ Third-Party Datacenter Ecosystem End-User Survey
- ANZ Third-Party Datacenter Ecosystem Market Report
- ANZ CIO and IT Decision Maker Analyst Interviews
- Australia Datacenter Special Report 2012
- ANZ Infrastructure and Services Trackers, Forecasts, and Insights
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the total size of the third-party datacenter ecosystem by floor/rack space now and expected in future?
- What is the past, current, and expected utilization rates of this floor/rack space?
- What is the past, current, and expected power usage in third-party datacenters?
- What is the current and expected average pricing by floor space and racks?
- What are the perceptions and expectations of different elements of supply-side facilities design and operations?
- What kinds of services are in place and expected to be deployed in ANZ third-party datacenters?
- What is the percentage of organizations using, considering, or interested in the supply-side datacenter services and by type of service?
- What is the type and percentage of infrastructure expected to be placed in third-party datacenter facilities?
- What are the prominent end-user challenges, drivers, inhibitors, decision makers, opportunities, and influencers when it comes to third-party datacenters?
- What are end-user brand, technology, and services preferences and intentions/satisfaction for third-party datacenters?
AAPT LIMITED, ASG Group Ltd, Computer Sciences Corporation, Datacom Group Limited, Equinix Inc., Fujitsu Limited, GLOBAL SWITCH S.a r.l., Gen-i., HP Inc., IBM, INTERVOLVE INC, MELBOURNE IT LTD, Macquarie Telecom Group Limited, Metronode Pty Limited, Micron21, NEXTDC Limited, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Polaris Networks Inc, REVERA INC., Rackspace Hosting, Inc., Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Spark Digital, Telstra Corporation Limited, Unleash, Inc., VOCUS, INC., Verizon Communications, Inc., iseek Communications