The supply-side of the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) datacenter market is undergoing a fundamental shift with significant amounts of funding already being committed to the building or upgrading of facilities — over $2 billion in 2011 alone with more expected in the next 12–36 months. However, much of this investment has occurred without a truly quantitative assessment of the existing status of the local supply and demand picture. This research will take a multiprong analytical approach to provide the most comprehensive view of the supply-side of the ANZ datacenter market (predominantly colocation services but also including managed, hosting, and cloud services). The research will include analyst interviews with supply-side datacenter service providers in ANZ and a survey of end-user organizations (SMB and enterprise).
- Managed infrastructure services
- Cloud computing
- Infrastructure (servers, storage, networking)
- Power and cooling
- Datacenter facilities
- ANZ Third Party Datacentre Ecosystem End User Survey
- ANZ Third Party Datacentre Ecosystem Market Report
- ANZ CIO and IT Decision Maker Analyst Interviews
- Australia Datacentre Special Report 2012
- ANZ Infrastructure and Services Trackers, Forecasts, and Insightss
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the total size of the third-party datacenter ecosystem by floor/rack space now and expected in future?
- What is the past, current, and expected utilization rates of this floor/rack space?
- What is the past, current, and expected power usage in third-party datacenters?
- What is the current and expected average pricing by floor space and racks?
- What are the perceptions and expectations of different elements of supply-side facilities design and operations?
- What kinds of services are in place and expected to be deployed in ANZ third-party datacenters?
- What is the percentage of organizations using, considering, or interested in the supply-side datacenter services and by type of service?
- What is the type and percentage of infrastructure expected to be placed in third-party datacenter facilities?
- What are the prominent end-user challenges, drivers, inhibitors, decision maker, opportunites, and influencers when it comes to third-party datacenters?
- What are end-user brand, technology, and services preferences and intentions/satisfaction for third-party datacenters?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the ANZ third-party datacenter market, including:
AAPT, ASG, Australian Data Centres, CSC, Datacom, Digital Realty, Dimension Data, Equinix, Fujitsu, Gen-i, Global Switch, Harbour MSP, HP, IBM, Interactive, Intervolve, iSeek, Macquarie Telecom, Melbourne IT, Metronode, Micron21, NEXTDC, Optus, Polaris, Primus, Rackspace, Revera, Telecom NZ, Telstra, TelstraClear, Unleash, Verizon, and Vocus
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community athttp://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.