IDC's Asia/Pacific Mobility SIS is an umbrella program that consists of mobile capex content (report/report series — 1–2 reports), mobile services MaaS (1 report), consumer mobility CIS Category B (7 reports), and enterprise mobility CIS Category B (10 reports). The target audience for this program is any vendor involved in the mobility space, both for consumers and for enterprises. The target customers include application developers, over-the-top providers (OTTPs), device manufacturers, fixed and mobile service providers, security and middleware (e.g., mobile device management) vendors, enterprise software companies (e.g., SAP), and network equipment vendors. Participants in the mobile ecosystem will find this intelligence service to be an important tool in keeping them at the forefront of the marketplace as it will combine extensive quantitive analysis (e.g., market share and forecasts) as well as qualitative insights into the trends driving the mobility industry.
This program will deliver the following key subjects from both consumer and enterprise mobility CISs:
- Annual sizing and forecast of mobile voice and data services by country
- Enterprise mobility vendor analysis
- Competitive analysis and positioning strategies of mobile operators by country
- Annual end-user usage of consumer mobile technologies and services by applications
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) market sizing and use case analysis by country and vertical
- Enterprise Mobile Maturity Model analysis by country and vertical
- Consumer mobility trends, including how operators are monetizing data through digital content, mobile advertizing, and mobile commerce
- Enterprise mobility trends, including M2M, mobilization of people and business processes, mobile security, BYOD, and Choose Your Own Device (CYOD)
- Market analysis and consumer mobility
- Social media in mobile
- Market analysis and enterprise mobility
- Vendor profiles
- Consumerization — market sizing and forecast
- Customer case studies/best practices
- M2M and Internet of Things
- Enterprise mobility marketscape
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the mobile technology utilization and trends?
- What is the consumer-buying behavior?
- What are the operators' competivite strategies?
- What is the next big thing in consumer and enterprise mobility?
- How should vendors be engaging with customers to help them build out their enterprise mobility strategy?
- What are the trends in mobile application developments and which key platforms to focus on?Which solutions are driving revenue growth for operators?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the mobility market, including:
- Device manufacturers
- Mobile management solution vendors
- Application developers
- Security solution vendors
- Infrastructure solution vendors
- Collaboration solutions vendors
- Mobile service provider
- Managed service providers
- Systems integrators
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.