IDC's Storage Solutions: Big Data and Business Analytics service looks at the impact of Big Data and Business Analytics software and technologies on the storage software, hardware and services markets. Specific focus is put on newer technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL/New SQL databases. The program also covers the intersection of relational databases; business intelligence and business analytics software and data management software with newer storage technologies such as intelligent distributed file systems; and object storage solutions. The impact to storage is examined from the architecture, interface, storage media, capacity, and revenue perspectives across primary, secondary, and archive storage tiers. These data points will be used for segmentation and forecasting.
- Commercial scale-out storage architectures in support of Hadoop and other Big Data and Business Analytics implementations
- Implications of Big Data and Business Intelligence/Analytics on storage use cases such as backup, replication, and archive
- Internal storage used in support of Hadoop and other business analytics implementations
- Storage solutions from DDN, EMC, NetApp, Dell, Cleversafe, HDS, and others
- Use cases and applications supporting Big Data and Business Intelligence/Analytics implementations
- Big Data and Business Analytics Storage Taxonomy
- Big Data and Business Analytics End User adoption Report
- Qualitative assessment of Big Data and Business Analytics Use Cases and Applications
- Big Data and Business Analytics Storage Segmentation and Forecast Report
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the storage capacity and revenue forecast for Big Data and Business Analytics use cases?
- When will infrastructure supporting Big Data and Business Analytics reach its peak in terms of spending?
- What percentage of Big Data and Business Analytics result sets will be retained? For how long, and what approaches will be used?
- Will storage in support of Big Data and Business Analytics be scale-out and industry-standard hardware based or leverage a shared storage file architecture?
- What will be the role of storage bit technologies like SSDs, tiering, deduplication, and compression as they are related to Big Data and business analytics?
- How will computer storage clusters and distributed file systems impact the Big Data and business analytics market?
Cleversafe, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Cloudian, Inc., DataDirect Networks, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, HORTONWORKS, INC., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, NEXSAN CORPORATION, NetApp, Inc., Nexenta Systems, Inc., Nimble Storage, Inc., Nimbus Data Systems, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Symantec Corporation
Group Vice President, Enterprise Storage, Servers and Infrastructure Software