IDC's Storage Solutions: Big Data and Storage service looks at the impact of Big Data on the storage market — specifically on newer implementations such as Hadoop, distributed file systems, and computer storage environments. The impact to storage will be looked at from architecture, interface, storage media, capacity, and revenue perspectives across primary, secondary, and archive storage tiers. These data points will be used for segmentation and forecasting.
- Commercial scale-out storage architectures in support of Hadoop and other analytics implementations
- Implications of Big Data on storage use cases such as backup, replication, and archive
- Internal storage used in support of Hadoop and other analytics implementations
- Computer storage environments from DDN, Cleversafe, HDS, and others
- Use cases and applications supporting Big Data implementations
- Big Data Analytics Storage Taxonomy
- Big Data Analytics Executive Interview Report
- Big Data Analytics End-User Survey Report
- Big Data Analytics Use Cases and Applications Reports
- Big Data Analytics Storage Segmentation and Forecast Report
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the storage capacity and revenue forecast for Big Data use cases?
- When will infrastructure supporting Big Data reach its peak in terms of spending?
- What percentage of Big Data result sets will be retained? For how long, and what approaches will be used?
- Will storage in support of Big Data be scale out and commodity based or leverage a shared storage file architecture?
- What will be the role of storage bitechnologies like SSDs, tiering, deduplication, and compression as they are related to Big Data?
- How will computer storage clusters and distributed file systems impact the Big Data and analytics market?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the storage market, catering to Big Data and analytics use cases and applications. A sample of companies and market segments analyzed are:
- Hadoop distributors: Cloudera and Hortonworks
- Storage vendors (incumbents): Dell, EMC, HP, IBM, NetApp, and Oracle
- Storage vendors (upcoming): Amplidata, Cleversafe, Compuverde, Coraid, DDN, Nexsan, Nimble, Nimbus, and Violin Memory
- Stacks: CloudStack, Hadoop, and OpenStack
- Software companies: Symantec and Red Hat
- Analytics companies: IBM, Oracle, SAP, and SAS
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.