IDC's Security Products service offers market sizing and vendor share analysis for key segments within the worldwide security software, hardware, virtualization, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) markets. The service covers the following security markets: endpoint security (consumer and corporate), messaging, network, Web, security and vulnerability management (SVM), and identity and access management (IAM). In addition, we research cloud, mobile, social, Big Data, distributed denial of service (DDoS) defense, and threat intelligence. IDC focuses on providing tactical and strategic perspectives to improve a company's visibility in this dynamic market.
- Cloud security
- Security and vulnerability management (SVM)
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Identity in the cloud
- Mobile security and consumer security
- Social networking security
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Next-generation security
- Threat intelligence
- Endpoint security
- Hybrid security solutions
- DDoS defense
- Federated IAM
- Regulatory compliance
- Information protection and control (IPC)
- Security software as a service (SaaS)
- Network access control (NAC)
- Customer purchasing strategies
- Security Products: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analyses
- Total Worldwide Security Market (Software, Hardware, Virtualization, SaaS)
- Security Products: Security Technology Survey
- Security Products: Emerging Markets
- End-User Case Studies
- Vendor Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the market opportunity for SaaS and cloud security?
- What are the key requirements to gain share in the security market and who are the leading vendors?
- Is security management the key to cost reduction, administrative efficiency, and greater security for heterogeneous environments?
- Which mature markets are collapsing into product features and which immature markets promise high growth?
- How will cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data change security markets?
- How does advanced malware change threat intelligence and customer buying patterns?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the security products market, including:
Absolute Software, Alcatel-Lucent, Axway, Barracuda Networks, Blue Coat, CA Technologies, Check Point, Cisco, Damballa, EMC/RSA, Entrust, ESET, F5, FireEye, Fortinet, F-Secure, Gemalto, Google, HP, IBM, Imperva, Intel/McAfee, Juniper, Kaspersky, LSI, Microsoft, NetForensics, NetIQ, Oracle, Palo Alto Networks, PassLogix, Proofpoint, Qualys, SafeNet, SonicWALL, Sophos, Sourcefire, Symantec, Trend Micro, Trustwave, Vericept, VMware, WatchGuard, Webroot, Websense, and Zscaler.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Vice President, Security Products
Research Manager, Security Products and Services
Program Manager, Security Products
Research Director, Security Products and Services