Professional Services Opportunities on the 3rd Platform provides analysis of customer demand and vendor offerings for consulting and professional services beyond cloud to include its intersection with analytics, enterprise mobility and social technology strategies. All four enabling technologies, which IDC refers to as the Four Pillars, are at the core of the 3rd Platform, and this service addresses professional services research about the overlap, or intersection, of these Four Pillars, which in turn enable digital transformation. This program also explores the opportunities related to the Internet of Things (and machine-to-machine communication) on the 3rd Platform, including analysis of industrial organizations that are not traditional IT services players.
- Professional service offerings for business and IT cloud services, business analytics, enterprise mobility, and social technologies
- Taxonomy to define what constitute 3rd Platform professional services (including Internet of Things and machine-to-machine)
- Competitive profiles of service firms offering 3rd Platform professional services
- Case studies of major 3rd Platform services initiatives to examine ROI and organizational, cultural, and people challenges
- End-user surveys describing adoption trends, spending intentions, and market drivers and inhibitors related to implementing any combination of the Four Pillars of the 3rd Platform
- Worldwide and U.S. Third Platform Professional Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Professional Services Vendor Competitive Analysis
- Adoption Patterns for 3rd Platform Professional Services and Spending Intentions for Consulting and Professional Services
- Case Studies and Vendor Profiles of 3rd Platform Implementation Initiatives
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the emerging market trends with respect to professional service offerings for the 3rd Platform?
- What strategies are service firms adopting, and how are they adjusting their portfolios to respond to new market needs?
- Which service firms can best leverage the increasing market demand for 3rd Platform services?
- How do organizations drive digital transformation using elements of the Four Pillars?
- How can organizations evaluate which professional services providers to consider when implementing the 3rd Platform?
IDC's Professional Services Opportunities on the 3rd Platform research examines how providers are positioning themselves to compete in the market and reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers, including:
Accenture, ACS, Amazon Web Services, Appirio, Astadia, AT&T, Atos, Avanade, BlueWolf, BT, Capgemini, CA Technologies, CenturyLink, CGI Group, Cisco, Citrix, Cloud Sherpas, cloudTP, Cognizant, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Dimension Data, EMC, Fujitsu, GE, Google, HCL, Hitachi Consulting, Honeywell, HP, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Intel, Huawei, Juniper Networks, Keane, KPN, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, MomentumSI, NEC, Northrop Grumman, Novell, NTT Data, Oracle Consulting, PwC, Red Hat, salesforce.com, Samsung, SAP, Symantec, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Telefonica, T-Systems, Unisys, Verizon, VMware, Vodafone, Wipro, and Workday.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Director, IT Consulting and System Integration Research
VP, Global Services Markets and Trends