Cloud Services: The Professional Services Opportunity provides research and analysis of customer demand and service vendor offerings for consulting and professional services to help design and execute on a cloud strategy. Specific topics include customer demand for strategy work around cloud adoption, leveraging hybrid strategies, and building the necessary infrastructure to support a cloud strategy. IDC's research helps service firms move beyond the hype to identify new service opportunities and new business models for cloud computing, both in the United States and other parts of the world.
- Professional service offerings for business and IT cloud services
- Competitive profiles of service firms offering cloud professional services (business and IT consulting, systems integration, etc.)
- Case studies of major business and IT cloud services initiatives to examine ROI and organizational, cultural, and people challenges
- Cloud professional services spending forecasts
- End-user surveys describing adoption trends, spending intentions, and market drivers and inhibitors involved in professional services engagements related to implementing business and IT cloud services
- Worldwide and U.S. Cloud Professional Services Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud Professional Services Vendor Analysis
- Adoption Patterns for Cloud Professional Services and Spending Intentions for Consulting and Professional Services
- Case Studies and Vendor Profiles of Business and IT Cloud Services Implementation Initiatives, Particularly as Enablers of IDC's 3rd Platform (Mobile, Social, Analytics, and Cloud)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the new and emerging market trends with respect to professional service offerings for IT cloud services?
- What strategies are service firms adopting, and how are they adjusting their services portfolio to respond to new market needs in regard to IT cloud services?
- Which service firms can best leverage the increasing market demand for IT cloud services?
- How do organizations determine which workloads should move to cloud computing and which should not?
- How can organizations evaluate which professional services providers to consider when implementing IT cloud services?
- How are service firms leveraging cloud to further enable their customers' mobility, social, and analytics initiatives?
IDC's Cloud Services: The Professional Services Opportunity research examines how providers are positioning themselves to compete in the market and reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers, including:
Accenture, ACS, Amazon Web Services, Appirio, Astadia, AT&T, Atos, Avanade, BlueWolf, Capgemini, CenturyLink, CGI Group, Cisco, Citrix, Cloud Sherpas, cloudTP, Cognizant, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Dimension Data, EMC, Fujitsu, Google, HCL, Hitachi Consulting, HP, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Keane, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, MomentumSI, Northrop Grumman, Novell, NTT Data, Oracle Consulting, PwC, Red Hat, salesforce.com, SAP, Sun Microsystems, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, T-Systems, Unisys, Verizon, VMware, Wipro, and Workday.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Director, IT Consulting and System Integration Research
VP, Global Services Markets and Trends